A Tiny Spectrometer that Costs 10 Bucks

Quote:
The startup NanoLambda has developed a $10 spectrometer-on-a-chip that's suitable for use on a wide range of consumer devices.

The Spectrum Sensor measures individual wavelengths and is accurate to 1 nm with 10nm resolution, allowing NanoLambda to selectively pass light through nanostructures to determine their makeup. The company used traditional wafer processes to create 5mm x 5 mm x 2mm thin nanofilter arrays. Nine hundred of these arrays can be stacked to create a millimeter-scale chip that can be embedded into various Internet of Things devices.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple Inc. has released its first ever automated update for OS X users. The critical update is about Network Time Protocol aka NTP. Apple on Monday released the update addressing...
OK THE ROYAL STATEMENT - " Because of the way electricity is generated at a power plant, the direction in which the electrons flow changes 120 times a second, making...
I am Narendra.I am persuing Engineering.Now i'm in final year,in this we need to do a project. My interest is to design a electric bike.Electric bike is common but my...
Quote: The QardioArm is an Indiegogo-funded, iOS and Android-compatible, oscillometric smart blood pressure monitor that premiered at CES 2014 and became available for purchase over the summer. Endquote https://www.medgadget.com/2014/12/qa...mail&utm_campaign=Feed:+Medgadget+(Medgadget)
The fever of budget smartphones is spreading widely across the world. Joining the league is Chinese smartphone manufacturer Meizu by coming with a new line up of smartphones with Meizu...