A question about universal motor

We all know that universal motors run on both AC and DC power sources.

now if a universal motor requires 12 V DC to work, then what would be the corresponding AC voltage input for the same machine. ?

is there any empirical relationship between the sources ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The link no longer works . any replies anybody else.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Search in google with ee lamar universal motor, you will be directed to a PDF where in you can check few details.

As far as I know there is no empirical formula defined for DC and AC.
    But what works in DC , I think we need to have more voltage in case of ac to compensate the series impedance of the universal motor.

PS. The above link doesnt work, but when i search with above combination,I get the same pdf as the results!!

PPS. Updated the link.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    The link no longer works . any replies anybody else.
    Works well for me. The info is now available here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google sure likes to kick ass, in as many directions as possible. It's latest indulgence is in the smartwatch segment, where it'll be lashing out at wearable device leaders Sony...
Spice Mobiles has launched a new phablet in the Indian market called the Spice Pinnacle Stylus Mi550. Though at first the name might misguide you, that is a new kind...
LG has just announced that it is ready to start mass producing its first flexible OLED panel for smartphones. LG Display, the company which has always been on top of...
I had asked this question to an ex-army personnel who was our guide at the Golan Heights in Israel. Israel and its neighbouring countries have been in a 'complicated' relationship...
So I spotted the photo of the old Motorola Razr phone and it made me all nostalgic. I bought it when I was working for a software company and it...