Problem with idm in youtube

when i tried to download some videos in youtube using idm.. it showed error as shown in the picture.. what can be the solution to it... someone please help!

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Are other download via IDM working?
    1. Try higher resolution in .mp4
    2. Try installing addon manually, you can find it on IDM official website.
  • dhruba sunuwar
    dhruba sunuwar
    i tried the 1st option. it didn't work! i'll try the second one. thank you for reply
  • dhruba sunuwar
    dhruba sunuwar
    Anoop Kumar
    Are other download via IDM working?
    1. Try higher resolution in .mp4
    2. Try installing addon manually, you can find it on IDM official website.
    tried the second option too but it too didn't work 😔
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    IDM seems pretty useless now in downloading YouTube videos ever since Google decided to keep audio and video streams in different files. Try Keepvid[dot]com instead.
    Steps:
    Update your Java
    Visit the website and paste the YouTube link and press download
    Allow Java permissions being asked by the website.
    It shall after the Java applet is loaded it shows the video in various resolutions and file sizes. It also informs you if the video has separate video and audio streams. If it has separate audio and video streams evident by audio only and video only links. Download the Keepvid video joiner to merge audio with video.
  • dhruba sunuwar
    dhruba sunuwar
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    IDM seems pretty useless now in downloading YouTube videos ever since Google decided to keep audio and video streams in different files. Try Keepvid[dot]com instead.
    Steps:
    Update your Java
    Visit the website and paste the YouTube link and press download
    Allow Java permissions being asked by the website.
    It shall after the Java applet is loaded it shows the video in various resolutions and file sizes. It also informs you if the video has separate video and audio streams. If it has separate audio and video streams evident by audio only and video only links. Download the Keepvid video joiner to merge audio with video.
    but using idm was much more easier than using this method. cant anything be done to make idm work as it used to!??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We're happy to announce that the CrazyEngineers T-Shirts are back in stock. The batch III sales will begin pretty soon; and we've some exciting news to share with you- The...
I'm in search for a portable power bank / Travel charger for my Lumia 520 . The requirement are as follows: 1. Must be 3000 mAh or more 2. Should...
Travelling back in time to the year 2007, LG has resurrected the clamshell aka flip phone design with the LG Wine Smart. Unlike Samsung’s smart flip phone range which have...
Researchers at Dartmouth College have successfully developed and tested an Android app which harvests livelogging data to gauge a student’s stress levels and its effect on academic performance and behaviour....
Everyone is familiar with the ‘tick tock’ sound of mechanical watches. This sound is heard by insomniacs in the middle of the night and is included in the background score...