A doubt in MOSFET/ CMOS fabrication

Inmos

cmos
I found these two diagrams Now my doubt is that in the first NMOS diagram the p-substrate is directly taken as base but in the second CMOS diagram p+ is taken as base what might be the reason for that?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If you have seen any package of MOSFET you will note that there are 4 lets from them and even your academics will tell there is a pin called substrate.

In the second image we have P layer as a substrate and the P+ serves as the Body of the MOS and the p layer has insufficient dopant concentration to provide charge carriers to enable conduction in the Transistor

Where as in the case of a individual NMOS there is no need for two P layers as you know that the amount of carriers got is more than enough to turn the device on

Feel free to ask any question related to this.
  • DivyaSep
    DivyaSep
    Jeffrey Samuel
    If you have seen any package of MOSFET you will note that there are 4 lets from them and even your academics will tell there is a pin called substrate.

In the second image we have P layer as a substrate and the P+ serves as the Body of the MOS and the p layer has insufficient dopant concentration to provide charge carriers to enable conduction in the Transistor

Where as in the case of a individual NMOS there is no need for two P layers as you know that the amount of carriers got is more than enough to turn the device on

Feel free to ask any question related to this.

Thank you so much

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yesterday, in a press conference held in New Delhi, US Technology forerunner InFocus set a very strong foot in the Indian technology market by launching four new smartphones, three LED...
Hello all.. Asking all you guys, is any low cost technology available to control the TDS of irrigation water ? Farmers going through many hurdles. One of then is salty...
Zentron labs is coming to our campus as 0 day company. but nothing much have been mentioned about the company like the pay structure and details about the test. Can...
Hello all.. Asking all you guys, is any low cost technology available to control the TDS of irrigation water ? Farmers going through many hurdles. One of then is salty...
I made a clock charge a cellphone it was very simple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX34d7zC9SQ&feature=youtu.be no one else in the world can even think such a thing is possible to date I have...