A Confused Chemical Engineer

Hello!
My name is Hijab and I am currently a second year Chemical engineering student.
I do not know much about my field and hope that CE can help me understand my field.
I currently have no ambition in life which is kind of depressing and is affecting my studies. I would like to know more about my field and understand it at a greater depth.
I also love to read.
I would like to get to know all of you.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hijab Hassan
    I currently have no ambition in life which is kind of depressing and is affecting my studies. I would like to know more about my field and understand it at a greater depth.
    Believe me, you are not alone when you say that.

I do not know much about my field and hope that CE can help me understand my field.

^ Sure thing! Just ask all the questions you have in your mind. Do not hesitate from asking and be very elaborate when posting queries. I am sure you will have a good time on CE.

Welcome!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am a Chem E too. Towards the end of my high school studies I decided that ambition was the reason for many problems. I decided that I would not have any. My parents never interfered with whatever I wanted to do. That completely freed me to do what I liked doing and enjoy my studies.
    In my opinion Chemical Engineering is the most multidisciplinary branch in Engineering. You have to have a good background in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and control, metallurgical and even some civil engineering. Of course chemistry and physics basics are taken for granted.
    It is of use in industries producing chemicals, plastics, food processing, pharma, biotechnology and biomedical technology. Can be physically demanding also.
    Having said that, it can give one immense satisfaction.

Just enjoy being one.
  • Hijab Hassan
    Hijab Hassan
    Ankita Katdare
    Believe me, you are not alone when you say that.

^ Sure thing! Just ask all the questions you have in your mind. Do not hesitate from asking and be very elaborate when posting queries. I am sure you will have a good time on CE.

Welcome!
    Thank you 😀
  • Hijab Hassan
    Hijab Hassan
    A.V.Ramani
    I am a Chem E too. Towards the end of my high school studies I decided that ambition was the reason for many problems. I decided that I would not have any. My parents never interfered with whatever I wanted to do. That completely freed me to do what I liked doing and enjoy my studies.
    In my opinion Chemical Engineering is the most multidisciplinary branch in Engineering. You have to have a good background in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and control, metallurgical and even some civil engineering. Of course chemistry and physics basics are taken for granted.
    It is of use in industries producing chemicals, plastics, food processing, pharma, biotechnology and biomedical technology. Can be physically demanding also.
    Having said that, it can give one immense satisfaction.

Just enjoy being one.
    Thank you for the advice. It is quite interesting that's for sure.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Real Madrid vs PSG Live Stream Bayern Munich vs AC Milan Live Stream Chelsea vs Liverpool Live Stream
Supposedly and in reality, Android is that unfortunate OS who gets everything a little late. However, this time, breaking the symphony, Twitter has just launched the “Night Mode” exclusively for...
Growing up in Delhi, Nishith Rastogi found himself fascinated by robotics. While in school, he was in love with building cool stuff and participated in a lot of science exhibitions....
What are the real time uses of Nanolithia Cathode Battery?
Yesterday, when the time had just settled at the fattest pointer of our college wall clock, I saw a pack of students in formals talking about their aptitude test, worried,...