55% Aggregate - Not Eligible For Campus Placements - What Now?

I am in final year of engineering. electronics branch. I'm having only 55% aggregate .I am not eligible for any campus placements. What should i do now? I am learning Java. In order to get job soon after finishing my final year what should to do? how should i plan? what should i learn? How should i approach companies. With my % i cant get core job easily(i am not interested in it also). How to get placed for IT jobs? Please guide me.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Courses based on core programming languages are an answer to your issue and some blinding projects in them will make the recruiters overlook your academic performance
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    Please tell more more clearly and in specific. Like to do projects on what? Core programming? e.t.c
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are various ways. You will have to compensate for your academic performance by experience or skills. I'd recommend opting for training in the area of your interest - Java, .Net, Networking and try for a certification. Make sure to opt for a renowned training institute that will offer some job assistance.

You should also make sure that you're 'very good' at least in one domain of your choice. If you pick up C, C++ programming - try to be very skilled at it. May require a lot of self study. You may even join a smaller company that will recruit your for your skills and not for your marks. Get some experience with them and keep applying for positions.

Else, you may start studying for Post Grad studies where you chances of building your resume will be better.

In India C-DAC is well known for placements and I've heard of candidates getting placed through NIIT. Do check their eligibility and apply to them. Keep an eye on walk-in interviews and job announcements.
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    Thank you very much.
    NIIT is offering diploma in JAVA/.Net . 5 & 1/2 months course and after that paid internship for 6 months. Does anyone know more about that course?

And if i apply for PG and pursue it , after its completion during placement do companies ask for UG % also after PG?
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Okay I would like to give my 2 cents here.. I have had a horrible experience with NIIT. If you would take my advice, never ever go for NIIT. Some centers are good but most of the other centers just take large amount of money and once the payment is done, they forget about you. Faculty gets transferred in the middle of the course and then you have to run around until new faculty takes up. Most chances are that you will end up running with their lame excuses.

I have faced this and I never recommend anyone to go for NIIT.

Instead go for any other institute. Do purchase The complete Reference JAVA if you are really interested about JAVA. Complete Reference has a lot of good things in it. Learn JAVA, a bit of web development using it and go for the interviews. Many start-ups go for skills rather than the academics.

All the best
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Self-learning is always welcome. But the main reason for recommending a training institute is the job assistance. Sad to know about the NIIT experience. There were days when APTECH ruled the computer training world.

The key is to get the interview call. Walk-ins are the best but I think the graduation percentage might be an issue. I'd look for a company that's willing to recruit for my knowledge than my grades.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    You can consider CDAC's DAC course. Fortunately, you just fulfill the eligibility criteria for CDAC (which is 55%).

The DAC course has been proved to be the best placement oriented course amongst other courses & CDAC certification would surely increase the value. However, you need to work a little harder and clear the CCAT in order to get good center which is of at-most importance from learning & eventually placement point of view.
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    #-Link-Snipped-# I had similar experience with NIIT. That is the reason why i was asking about that program. Your tips are really helpful. I have some basic knowledge on JAVA ( i know that it is not enough in anyway). I learn from watching/reading online tutorials and practicing them. I will definitely get that book.

#-Link-Snipped-# Thank you for your suggestions. They really help me to plan and go further.

#-Link-Snipped-# Can you please shed some more light on C-DAC and C CET. Yesterday in CE i was reading a thread regarding C-CET rank. I think i have missed Feb '13 batch opportunity. I will certainly consider what you have said and will prepare for C-CET.
    For DAC course is it necessary to give both A & B tests? Section B is one among the things which we learn in the course. How can one give test on it before? Please clarify this.

Thanks guys. I was very down as i didnot have any clarity on what to do and how to proceed further. Your suggestions are very useful.
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    You can consider CDAC's DAC course. Fortunately, you just fulfill the eligibility criteria for CDAC (which is 55%).
    Yes, CDAC is the best option for you. But remember many companies at the time of placement in CDAC, also have their own criteria.
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    Is it so? Then for the sake of placements i think i should not join C-DAC. I have seen DAC course modules. They are covering most of the required topics in it. It is good for learning.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Ubuntu
    Is it so? Then for the sake of placements i think i should not join C-DAC. I have seen DAC course modules. They are covering most of the required topics in it. It is good for learning.
    True friend they give you a lot of info and also provide guidance to do some wonder filled projects. Do some projects and you are ready for your placement
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    For DAC course is it necessary to give both A & B tests? Section B is one among the things which we learn in the course. How can one give test on it before? Please clarify this.
    Please reply to my quoted query.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Ubuntu
    Please reply to my quoted query.
    Yes! Its not true that section B have things which you never seen. C & CCN are the familiar subjects to an EC graduate. Yes, you've to give a little for OS & OOP concepts, but in the last test, I didn't saw much from OOP. The DAC course offers much more than these.

The people who want to opt for ES or VLSI have to give all the 3 sections. For VLSI, the section B doesn't even make sense, but you still have to give it. That's the pattern of the exam.
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    Okay. Just needed that clarification. Thank you. I would prefer DAC over VLSI however.
  • avii
    avii
    Even CDAC is also not so impressive with placements these days, according to my friend who's studying in Pune centre. Will get more details and post here.

If you can self learn, then study algorithms and data structures. Understand them and try to analyse how they work. Then use Java's OOP features and also you can try android coding. You just need to which API to use. Find some open source project and start contributing to it.

You still have some 8 months for next CCET exam, rather utilise it in a clever way and may be you dont need to join CDAC at all after 8 months ;-)
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for the info.

Anyone , please tell me about SAP and its opportunities for a fresher (like me).
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    Need a job. Please tell me if there are any startup companies who dont consider percentages.
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    Is it good to get a job through a job consultancy. Even there my percentage matters?
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    #-Link-Snipped-# are you interested in higher studies? If yes then you should think about the below program. It is best option for you in this situation. Notification for this year has been released. Do check it.

MSIT - Grab the opportunITy

P.S : If you are applying for this be ready to spend time i.e; for studies in college for 12 hrs. class timings are from 8 to 8.

This 2 years hard work may compensate your 4 years (b.tech) degree.
  • avii
    avii
    ursplfrnd
    #-Link-Snipped-# are you interested in higher studies? If yes then you should think about the below program. It is best option for you in this situation. Notification for this year has been released. Do check it.

MSIT - Grab the opportunITy
    btw what does in collaboration with CMU mean ? Lecturers of CMU will be teaching ?
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    avii
    btw what does in collaboration with CMU mean ? Lecturers of CMU will be teaching ?
    MSIT program was first introduced in CMU . Few universities in India collaborated with it and introduced that program here.

Concept by CMU , redesigned & implemented by CIHL.
  • avii
    avii
    So students will be attending classes in IIIT-H/JNTU ??
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    avii
    So students will be attending classes in IIIT-H/JNTU ??
    Centre is deceided as per GAT score . Both IIIT & JNTU have 150+ seats.
  • avii
    avii
    ursplfrnd
    Centre is deceided as per GAT score . Both IIIT & JNTU have 150+ seats.
    Wow, that's great. IIIT-H is really good in CS [even better than few IITs]

btw are you doing MSIT now ?
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    avii
    Wow, that's great. IIIT-H is really good in CS [even better than few IITs]

btw are you doing MSIT now ?
    No. I am currently in final year of engineering. One of my friend has joined this program. He said its very nice and there are 100% placements* . Students do a project in every sem and do 2 internships during 2 years period. So its more like corporate training. As it is IIIT & JNTU many product companies are visiting for recruitment.
  • Ubuntu
    Ubuntu
    @all CEans who gave me advice , thank you. I am fed up with learning new courses all this time. I cant do it anymore. I am not a good engineer , not a good student. I am applying for Bank jobs. Hope i get selected atleast in them otherwise i am a loser and i have to live a guilty and horrible life. I should have studied well. I am repenting now. Students of engineering who are seeing this remember one thing. If you dont study well or work hard , you will face terrible days ahead. No one will be interested to talk to you. Everyone will see you as a loser. At that stage even you will loose trust on yourself. So better study well. Use net productively. Dont spend time on facebook playing farmville or some crap. Instead of playing that on facebook buy a farm and do farming in real life. It would atleast gives you some result. Life is all about what you learn , observe and apply it to your life. Engineering four years are the most wonderful years of your life. Dont spoil them. Otherwise you will repent in later days of your life.

I guess all CEans are good enough at studies. I no need to say all this. But i am saying this because i dont want others to suffer like me in future. Study well. Engineering 4 years will reflect on your life. Make your parents proud. They keep many hopes on you.

Lastly , i want to say one thing. When i come to CE , i find myself lonely. Everyone on this site knows about something or other , they share and get knowledge here. I am the only one who seemed odd one out. I miss my engineering days whenever i login to CE. This is a wonderful site , a good platform for those who are enthusiastic to learn new things. All the very best to you all.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# I can see that you are going through a rough patch of time. Pardon my comment if it feels impulsive, but trust me Life is never so easy. There are times when you work hard but get no results. There are times when life feels a burden and you may see no way out. But trust me time changes. All you need to do is to keep trying.
    Now u need to calm yourself and take a decision to choose the path you want to go, and then give your best to it. If u want to be an IT professional, start working hard in a planned way. Study Java thoroughly from books and get some certifications like #-Link-Snipped-# . Then apply for companies (preferably startups). For this get help of your college alumni who are working in companies. Don't expect handsome salary, just work hard for getting experience and exposure. Once you get enough experience you will be able to get better jobs. Remember night is always darkest before dawn, so it is better to be hopeful.
    This is one of the paths you can choose, and only you can make the decision for you, because it will decide your future, so choose the path you want in future.
    Introspect on whether you will be happy after 5-10 years working in a bank or in an IT company etc. and then go for the aim you set then.
    That's all I can advice at this point. Hope you will take your life in the right direction.
    Wishing you Good Luck👍 !!
    Rahul69
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    Ubuntu
    @all CEans who gave me advice , thank you. I am fed up with learning new courses all this time. I cant do it anymore. I am not a good engineer , not a good student. I am applying for Bank jobs. Hope i get selected atleast in them otherwise i am a loser and i have to live a guilty and horrible life. I should have studied well. I am repenting now. Students of engineering who are seeing this remember one thing. If you dont study well or work hard , you will face terrible days ahead. No one will be interested to talk to you. Everyone will see you as a loser. At that stage even you will loose trust on yourself. So better study well. Use net productively. Dont spend time on facebook playing farmville or some crap. Instead of playing that on facebook buy a farm and do farming in real life. It would atleast gives you some result. Life is all about what you learn , observe and apply it to your life. Engineering four years are the most wonderful years of your life. Dont spoil them. Otherwise you will repent in later days of your life.

I guess all CEans are good enough at studies. I no need to say all this. But i am saying this because i dont want others to suffer like me in future. Study well. Engineering 4 years will reflect on your life. Make your parents proud. They keep many hopes on you.

Lastly , i want to say one thing. When i come to CE , i find myself lonely. Everyone on this site knows about something or other , they share and get knowledge here. I am the only one who seemed odd one out. I miss my engineering days whenever i login to CE. This is a wonderful site , a good platform for those who are enthusiastic to learn new things. All the very best to you all.
    listen bro i feel the same way like you do right now
    completing B.E this june no job in hand
    and i had taken an education loan to persuae the course
    but the thing is even i am scared and depressed
    but the moment i compare myself with someone i am nobody
    THE PAST IS PAST u are thinking too much about what was and what will be
    and ignoring the present
    find out your strengths
    make them stronger
    thats all i can say
    lets try to improve our skills and then hope that we will get placed
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# I can see that you are going through a rough patch of time. Pardon my comment if it feels impulsive, but trust me Life is never so easy. There are times when you work hard but get no results. There are times when life feels a burden and you may see no way out. But trust me time changes. All you need to do is to keep trying.
    Now u need to calm yourself and take a decision to choose the path you want to go, and then give your best to it. If u want to be an IT professional, start working hard in a planned way. Study Java thoroughly from books and get some certifications like #-Link-Snipped-# . Then apply for companies (preferably startups). For this get help of your college alumni who are working in companies. Don't expect handsome salary, just work hard for getting experience and exposure. Once you get enough experience you will be able to get better jobs. Remember night is always darkest before dawn, so it is better to be hopeful.
    This is one of the paths you can choose, and only you can make the decision for you, because it will decide your future, so choose the path you want in future.
    Introspect on whether you will be happy after 5-10 years working in a bank or in an IT company etc. and then go for the aim you set then.
    That's all I can advice at this point. Hope you will take your life in the right direction.
    Wishing you Good Luck👍 !!
    Rahul69
    hey bro nicely said
    really cheered me too
  • abhishek hajare
    abhishek hajare
    According to the c dac criteria of 55% is it just last year percentage or allover aggregate?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Life on life on life. This amazing electron micrograph shows a less than a millimeter crustaCEan (what else?) with a 20 micrometer diatom on it, which has a 500 nanometer...
The basics of the working of a spectrograph are neatly described in this smal article from Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=ancient-stars-how-does-spectrograph-work
Is every body satisfied with google search results displayed. I personally am not cause if safety filters are not reliably set then most of the time unnecessary results are pictured...
CAN ANYONE SUGGEST RECENT DEVELOPMENTS OR PROJECTS IN POWER ELECTRONICS?
We all had accounts in Orkut ,which was my first social networking site (perhaps for most people). But later everyone left it for Facebook. And again something similar is happening...