5 Tips for Engineering Students

Quote:

This fall, at colleges and universities across the US, more than 100,000 students are starting undergraduate engineering programs. My daughter Adelyn is one of them. She completed her associate's degree this summer and was accepted as a transfer student in the biomedical engineering department at the Illinois Institute of Technology. Dropping her off at school was an emotional experience for my wife and me -- one that I'm sure is familiar to millions of parents.
One such parent is Rep. Brad Schneider (D-IL), a former engineer who was profiled in Design News last year. He has three rules for his son Dan, who started college this fall: "Always do yourself proud, don't be stupid, and call home on Friday."

In that vein, I'd like to share some advice for new engineering students. These are things I wish someone told me when I started out as a student many years ago. I hope new engineering students will find them useful.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    very good one ............i think everyone should read it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Not to be outdone by Samsung’s new smartwatch LG has announced the G Watch R days before its official unveiling at the IFA 2014 in Berlin. Unlike the Samsung Gear...
You all might be aware the government of India launched the .भारत domain name yesterday. The idea is people can build websites with domain names in Devanagari script covering eight...
At a time when inventors are trying to make every almost everything “smarter”, Intel has announced its newest chip that can give cellular internet connectivity to any of them without...
Videocon Industries Limited, a large and diversified Indian company, is the first Indian brand to launch 4K ultra high definition (UHD) smart television in India. The five Smart TV models...
I want to pursue an Industrial Training in Java after btech for having confidence in Java and getting good job. Will it help me? or I will just waste my...