42" LED TV Recommendations

I need to buy a 42 inch smart led tv ​
Pls let me know the best deal.
Thanx for all the help

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Your requirements and budget related information would have helped us make better recommendations. If you want to buy a smart TV (Internet Ready), you may go with the models available from Samsung. I recently did a comparative study and found that Samsung's got the best deals overall.

If you could let us know your budget, we'll be able to suggest specific models.
  • preetimehadia
    preetimehadia
    Budget is not a problem
    Only it should be value for money
    I checked Sony at 64000
    Is it a good deal or value for money pls suggest.
    Thanks

Also whether I should go for a smart led or a simple led
    What's the difference between the two

Thanks for your prompt response
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If budget isn't a criteria, I'd suggest looking at the 40" Smart TV models available from Samsung. Samsung 40H6400 looks like a good choice to me for a little over Rs. 60K.

Difference between a Smart TV and Regular TV:

Smart TV refers to the TV that offers internet connectivity, camera facility etc. You may not use it now; but with growing popularity of smartphones, smart TVs make it damn easy to play videos and view photos from your phone on a bigger screen without having to connect special devices or wires. Plus it's really easy to update the TV's firmware over the air via inbuilt wireless. It typically depends on your personal needs, but you'd better buy a TV that you can rely on at least for the next 5-8 years. I'd recommend going for a Smart TV.

Sony too makes excellent LED TVs, but in my opinion, Samsung beats Sony when it comes to ease of use and overall picture quality (highly personal opinion!). Gesture recognition in Samsung TV is quite useful if you wish to increase or decrease volume without touching the remote. The camera accessory that comes along with Samsung TV is quite awesome and takes superfine pictures and videos (for Skype Calls). Sony, on the other hand required me to purchase a separate remote control for added features.

Go for any model from Samsung that comes with labels 'SmartTV', '1080p' and 'LED'. I however haven't seen a 42" display from Samsung. If you can trade off 2" (not a big deal, actually) for more features; go with Samsung.

It wouldn't hurt if you could check LG and Panasonic as well 😀
  • preetimehadia
    preetimehadia
    Thanks kaustubh for your valuable information.
    I will keep your points in my mind for finalizing my purchase.
    thanks

One more query
    If we compare Sony and samsung whose voice quality is better
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    preetimehadia
    If we compare Sony and samsung whose voice quality is better
    Again, picture and sound quality is very subjective. For me, the difference in the audio quality for both Sony and Samsung was not noticeable. If you care for great sound quality, do buy a 2.1 audio system and connect it with your TV to get the best of the audio output. Of course, if you go with a home theatre system, the inbuilt speakers in the TV won't matter.

Both the brands produce decent quality audio. Do not expect thumping bass, very clear mids and highs from TV's inbuilt audio. Just go to the TV showroom and ensure that it's loud enough for your tastes. You may negotiate a deal for a free speaker system. I remember Samsung recently had an offer where they provided a speaker system free with the TV. Not sure if that offer is still on.
  • preetimehadia
    preetimehadia
    Yes what you say has a point
    I can opt for a home theater along with samsung smart tv.
    This will improve the audio.
    Thanks kaustubh.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Glad to know you found my responses useful. Once you make your purchase, please do share your choice with us. It'd be great if you could share your review of your new TV and Home Theatre - a lot of members here will find it useful.
  • preetimehadia
    preetimehadia
    Surely.
    Thanks once again.
    Take care

And yes.............. Wish you a very happy Diwali and prosperous year ahead.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: The Shellshock bug has highlighted just how vulnerable the Internet of Things is to attack — but are manufacturers taking cyber threats seriously? But while the Internet of Things...
A webinar that introduces the mixed language programming features of Ada through example use cases using C, C++ and Java: https://www.embedded-know-how.com/ch...components/1155-technical-highlights.html#top
Quote: A federal judge in New Jersey has sentenced medtech engineer Ketankumar Maniar to 18 months in prison for stealing trade secrets from former employers C.R. Bard Inc. and Becton,...
Hi folks, I'm planning to learn Java in Bangalore.If you know any good Java institute in Bangalore which has good placement assistance too then please comment below. Thanks in advance...