CrazyEngineers Anniversary Celebrations

The CrazyEngineers Anniversary Celebration Week concludes on November 28th. Do not miss out on a chance to participate in the ongoing contests and win grand prizes!

Creative Writing (Live) | Deadline: 10:00 PM (IST) [Update: Over]

Engineering Life Photo Contest (Live) | Deadline: 11:00 PM (IST) Today

Mega Contest: Engineering For Change In India, Project Report Contest (Live) | Deadline: 11:59 AM (IST), Tomorrow

$35 Tablet Launch On October 5! Kapil Sibal Confirms!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Technology News' started by Kaustubh Katdare, Sep 29, 2011.

• by Kaustubh Katdare, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:19 PM
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Administrator

Engineering Discipline:
    Electrical
    The mighty $35 Indian Tablet is finally launching in India on October 5. Kapil Sibal, minister of communications and information technology confirmed few minutes ago. In Indian Rupee, the price of the tablet is Rs. 1700. The Indian Government will subsidize the cost of the tablet and offer it to students for about Rs. 1100. Kapil Sibal confirmed the launch of the tablet while speaking at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). He said that the new tablet will enable students and teachers to break the boundaries of traditional classroom and acquire knowledge through IT.

[​IMG]
    $35 Tablet In India: Wow?
    <h2>Tech Specs & Features of India's $35 Tablet</h2>
    The $35 tablet features 7" touch screen (resolution unknown yet), 32 GB Internal memory, 2 GB RAM, 2 USB ports and video conferencing capability (now we know how student's are going to use it in class). The tablet will be multimedia tablet and we are not sure whether there will be inbuilt speakers. However, it makes sense to have just a headphone jack instead of speakers. We hope to have detailed technical specifications and feature set soon.

Sibal said that the tablet has been developed through public-private association. It would be quite interesting to see how the new device boosts the learning abilities of children. We're quite optimistic about adoption of the new tablet. However, it's quite amusing to know why all Indian MPs were given iPad 2 for personal use by Indian Government. What do you think?

Via: NDTV

• Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Engineering & Technology News' started by Kaustubh Katdare, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Aamadmi1982
    This is a new revolution from govt side. And our education system will update time to time  if this Tablet launched in all india basis then this is very helpful for not only students but also for technocrat, developers and ebook readers.Two USB port may be used for copy new pdf files and data from pen drives and smart cards. And 32 GB size is enough for reading purpose but not enough for videos. Students can watch videos of their professor online . But availability of this tablet for everyone is a major Part of Indian govt. After launching this tablet another tablet makers would reduced their tablet prices for stable in indian market.
  2. Aamadmi1982
    Indian govt can make some changes in that tablet then they will more beneficial for everyone. Like External support of USB Port  For example Connectivity of Web Cam, External hard Disk upto 500 GB. Input feature like if anyone type something in this tablet. USB port available their then they can connect USB keyboard but if the feature is not install they nobody can type anything on that tablet.   
  3. Techy
    Its Toytablet, not Tech Tablet. Sibal is again fooling people.
  4. Rohit
    Earlier buying laptop was not affordable for many of us. But a laptop at Rs.1700/- and good features is like dream come true. Now in future, I hope to see all students with laptops.
  5. cag
    in 1700bugs the technology is given is more than enough.......but i doubted the quality and the durability of the tab......
  6. Satwinder Singh
    500 Gb features (sounds ODD and more greedy) will make it commercial level  gadget... in 1100 , we should expect that this will full all the basics needs of a Student in India , right from very basics i.e data composition and editing and other needs of a Student,,, It should a gadget which can be affordable to all the poor student who still take a laptop or a PC as a inaccessible thing which they may not afford...so it should for poor and average man...,,,
  7. Insider
    Sure... Everyone doubts!!!
  8. Anil C R
    "Bugs" heh...
  9. Adhokshaj Mishra
    Price of 2 GB RAM and 32 GB HDD is more that 1700............

I think i would be a very cheap quality product to fool us.....
  10. Adhokshaj Mishra
    I don't think that this gadget will be able to handle any engineering workload..........even a ultra basic laptop can beat this......

Let the gadget be available first, only then we can be sure.
  11. nag v
     zero loss u see...as kapil would say!he might as well come up wd the ZERO FOOLS idea!
  12. Bipul
    Because in India, people are becoming rich day by day, while MPs are getting poor. Sarcastically, it is as simple as that.
  13. Goolloo
    it will be available in metros only ir will come in market of other cities too
  14. Rakesh Sahoo
    those who are against of $35 tab ,they are fool and do not know about the technology and its cost .i think this is best thinking for all Indian . 
  15. Ishan Topre
    I just don't believe it Biggie, it took us how many years to bring it to reality? I remember you writing about this $35 tablet a year ago. 
    Anyways, it is never too late. The move is welcome. I hope it benefits everyone :)
  16. Arvind
    When this will be available to buy ? From where?
  17. Frolicboy
    yes, ofcourse.
    they are going to make indians fool.
    better to buy AMAZON kindle fire tablet for 100 US Dollars.
  18. Vishu Sharma
    whn could i buy it??? n whr to place ordr??? i want it...
  19. Sooraj
    don't buy it if you don't want  to..  There are lot of people who could use a basic computer.. who doesn't wach tv series all night..