32 bit & 64 bit operating systems!!

Can anyone please tell me how 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems operates.What actually they mean by saying 32 bit OS & 64 bit OS?

😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Try searching the forums, we've already discussed this.
  • devesh
    devesh
    I have already gone through that post..
    None of them had actually told what 32 & 64 bit Os are, how they function and about the process and that is what i want.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi devesh,

Have a quick look at the following link

#-Link-Snipped-#

They have tried to explain from the point of view of Computer Architecture.May be of some help to you. If any issues, feel free to ask. 😀
  • micromahesh
    micromahesh
    devesh
    Can anyone please tell me how 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems operates.What actually they mean by saying 32 bit OS & 64 bit OS?

😁
    It's all depends the bit representing memory address. for example Pentium micro processor is 32 bit microprocessor( it can represent in memory in 32 bit pointer ). but we use in DOS , that is only 16 bit operating system. so this operating system can only find 65536 address remaining can not find.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

suggest me projects related with artificial intelligence.
hi i am working in classification of texture images. can anyone help me with a code for k nearest neighbour classifier and also help me to create a training dataset...
NIT Trichy has organized Pragyan '09 Official Website: Pragyan 09 Pragyan is the annual tech fest of NIT Trichy. It will be celebrated from February 12th-15th 2009 in the NIT...
The LEADING GLOBAL FORUM for Transport & Logistics IT - Where Transport & Logistics CIOs and IT executives join Fortune 500 Supply Chain Executives for an exclusive high-level discussion of...
Recently I attended a lecture on Qt programming.There i saw a basic program written in Qt.I am really impressed with that.Now I want to play with Qt.But i don't have...