3 years gap in education & 58% in 12th, should I go for C-DAC?

Hi CrazyEngineers,
First of all, I want to thank everyone here on CrazyEngineers for making it such a helpful website. I have collected tons of information from the posts on this website that I couldn't find elsewhere.

Now coming to my case, I have the following profile: -

10th completed in 2007 with 60%
12th completed in 2012 with 58%
BE is about to be completed in a few months with 61%

Now because of the 3 years gap I have in my education (2007 - 2010) & the poor performance of 12th, I have been ineligible for most of the companies. I'm in a serious dilemma now because I'm about to graduate in a month or two and I'm still unemployed. Somebody here on CrazyEngineer suggested that I take up C-DAC.

When I learned about what C-DAC was & how it helped several individuals, I was a bit hopeful. But then, when I learned about how even C-DAC has percentage criterion & how the 3 years of gap could blow my chances of getting hired through C-DAC placement, I became very upset.

Can anyone here please give me some advice as to if I should go for C-DAC or not? I'm interested to take up programming jobs only & the PGDAC offered by C-DAC seemed interesting to me.

1. Should I go with C-DAC PGDAC? Is it worth taking the risk at the price of Rs. 80,000?
2. Considering the low profile I have, do I stand any chance of getting a Software / App development job?
3. The year gap I had was after 10th, but ever since 2010 (when I rejoined 11th), I have been a regular student & have been studying like every other regular student. Would it still matter when it comes to placement?
4. I know C-DAC Bangalore, Pune & Hyderabad are worth attending, how much rank would you estimate can get me into either the Pune ones or the Bangalore Know-IT one?

Thank you for your time.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you are eligible for CDAC courses; go for them. First ensure that you are eligible and the specific course you want to get in. Also check what rank would be required to get into that course.

Well, no one here can predict whether you will get a job or not. The only sensible way is to keep trying until you find your job. You are not the first one with a 'low profile' (in your own words) who has gotten a job and then turned lemons into lemonade. Losing hope or borrowing hope from others is the worst thing to do.

If I were in your place, I'd work my ass off to make myself awesome in any specific language / technology of my choice, build a portfolio of small and medium projects and meet recruiters in person. I know that'd definitely get me a job. I'd not aim for MNCs right away. I'd start with small companies, build some real experience on my resume and then aim for big companies with big package.

It's your choice, though. Our best wishes are with you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Controlling smart devices in your home has now become a mess. You have to open the companion app of every smart device you use when you want to control it....
A diesel generator is a combination of diesel engine with a electrical generator. This project is a prototype of automatic generator start such that the generator can be started and...
Three years after paying a hefty sum of money to Nokia to acquire its mobile phone division, Microsoft has taken a surprise step and decided to barter its feature phone...
It's been a while since 'Google I/O 2016' kicked off. Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google inaugurated the event by showing of the impressive stats and accomplishments made by Google so...
That silky spider net has been awe-inspiring to observant minds for the beauty of the web's chemistry. In fact, psychologically, the “web” word strikes our mind and compels us to...