2nd year Engineering of Computer Science Subjects For SRM University

Hello Everyone ..,
I would like to know, what all subjects will I come across in 2nd year Engineering of Computer Science Department ..?
And I would like to what it is about ..!

Replies

• Udaya Bhaskar
    Udaya Bhaskar
    Ohh C'mon guyzzz , 35 views over this thread but None of them Replied ..!
    Share your Views and Suggest some informative datas ..! ^_^
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Actually the subjects vary from one University to other. The subjects that I had in my second year of engineering were
    -> Advanced Data Structures
    -> Computer Organization
    -> Database Management System
    -> Java
    -> Principles Of Programming Languages
    -> Software Engineering
    -> Environmental Sciences
    -> Digital Logic Design
    -> Probability and Statistics
    -> Unix and Shell Programming
    -> Mathematical Foundation Of Computer Science
    -> Managerial Economics and Financial Analysis

PS: The subjects mentioned above are from both the semesters of 2nd year
  • Udaya Bhaskar
    Udaya Bhaskar
    I am a Student Of SRM UNIVERSITY ..! So what Subjects will I come Across ..?
    Anyy Ideasss ..??
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Udaya Bhaskar
    I am a Student Of SRM UNIVERSITY ..! So what Subjects will I come Across ..?
    Anyy Ideasss ..??
    Its better to ask your college seniors.
  • Udaya Bhaskar
    Udaya Bhaskar
    aarthivg
    Its better to ask your college seniors.
    Aarthi I did ask my college seniors before I posted this Thread . Among 10 , 4 are saying "There Might a change in Syllabus this year" ..! So thought of Clarifying with the CEans ..! ^_^
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Udaya Bhaskar
    Aarthi I did ask my college seniors before I posted this Thread . Among 10 , 4 are saying "There Might a change in Syllabus this year" ..! So thought of Clarifying with the CEans ..! ^_^
    Then, Its better to wait.😛
  • Udaya Bhaskar
    Udaya Bhaskar
    Waiting for the better ones then ..! ^_^
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The thread title is changed. I think now it speaks more about the content of your topic.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233

Units Contents of the Subject
    I
    • Introduction: Stored Program Architecture of Computers, Evolution of Processors (In
    terms of word length & Speed only), Storage Device- Primary Memory and Secondary
    Storage, Working Principle of Primary Storage devices- RAM, ROM, PROM, EPROM,
    EEPROM, Random, Direct, Sequential access methods.
    • Language Translators – Concept of High-Level, Assembly and Low Level programming
    languages. Working of Assembler, Interpreter and compiler. Representing Algorithms
    through flow chart, pseudo code, step by step etc.
    II
    • Number System: Data Representation, Concept of radix and representation of numbers in
    radix r with special cases of r=2, 8, 10 and 16 with conversion from radix r1 to radix r2. r’s
    and (r-1)’s complement. Representation of Integer in sign-magnitude, signed 1’s and 2’s
    complement. Floating point representation. Concept of bias and normalization.
    Representation of alphabets.
    • Binary Codes: Binary arithmetic, Addition and subtraction of Integers and floating point
    numbers. Multiplication of Integers. Gray code, BCD 8421 and 2421, Excess-3 and
    Excess-3 gray codes.
    III
    • Programming in C: Structure of C Program, Concept of Preprocessor, Macro Substitution,
    Intermediate code, Object Code, Executable Code. Compilation Process,
    • Basic Data types, Importance of braces ({ }) in C Program, enumerated data type,
    Identifiers, Scope of Variable, Storage Class, Constants, Expressions in C, Type Casting,
    Control Statements, printf( ), scanf ( ), reading single character. Command Line
    Arguments.
    IV
    Arrays in C, Pointers, Using pointers to represent arrays, Dynamic Memory allocation,
    Structures, using typedef, Arrays of Structures & pointers, File Handling (Opening in
    different modes & closing of file, fscanf & fprintf only).
    V
    Functions in C, Passing Parameters (By value & Reference), using returned data, Passing
    arrays, structures, array of structures, pointer to structures etc., passing characters and
    strings, The void pointer.
    See this is the only subject of 1st year computer science which Rajasthan Technical students learn .
  • raahul suresh
    raahul suresh
    I am also from srm univ and i am doing my 5th sem nw.
    so these are the subjects you will have..
    DATA STRUCTURES USING C++
    DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHMS
    MICROPROCESSOR AND INTERFACING
    COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ARCHITECTURE
    PRINCIPLES OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
    THEORY OF COMPUTATION
    OPERATING SYSTEMS

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey everybody! My name's Vassilya. I'm 2 years into school for Biotech, transferring to University of Newcastle (AUS) in January, and my life goal is to create a fire-breathing dragon....
hello, which is the best book to get the basics of current and electromagnetism?
Our economy are in a position to build strength during this interval(eurozone) but ​If Europe does slip into a crisis, it is going to be a very difficult time. There...
my self prerana patel😀...m frm satna(m.p.)...m in class 12th ...2012-13...frm maths stream..nd i wanted to do something freat in engineering..something nevr done before..! vese mah passion is to be designer..!...
i need to know the advancements in the digital image processing from the very beginning.... we all can obtain the knowledge about the recent advancements in the field.... but i...