2nd Generation Moto X Arrives In India On Flipkart Tonight With Prices Starting At Rs. 31,999

After a waiting period of two weeks, Motorola has finally announced the launch date and price of the 2nd generation Moto X in India. As expected the Moto X will be a Flipkart exclusive like its mid-range and low end siblings. Three variants of Moto X will go on sale at midnight at prices starting from Rs. 31,999. The ‘Black’ variant has been priced at Rs. 31,999 and the Bamboo White and Black Leather variants will be accompanied with a price tag of Rs. 33,999. Early adopters will be able to take the advantage of launch day offers whose details will be disclosed tomorrow. Unlike its predecessor which received lukewarm response upon its launch, the new generation model has received many accolades in the west. In the article we shall be discussing the features of Moto X that make it a winner, starting with the design.

Moto X White  1
Moto X White  2 Moto X White  3 Moto X White 4 Moto X White 5

The 2nd generation Moto X has been given a curvaceous design which helps it sit better in your hands. Even though the Moto X has a 5.2inch Full HD (1080p) Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protected display it is quite easy to operate with one hand. Motorola has cleverly added two new software features that take full advantage of the unmodified Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system. First we have the Moto Assist which learns your day-to-day schedule to provide you relevant information and functionality. Depending upon your location; home, travel or office the Moto X will learn to adapt itself with the surrounding. Next we have Moto Actions which respond to human gestures. A gentle wave over the smartphone silences the call and flicking your wrist twice launches the camera app.

Moto X Black 1
Moto X Black 2 Moto X Black 3 Moto X Black 4 Moto X Black 5

Speaking of the camera, the company has upped the rear camera resolution from 10 to 13 MP with dual LED flash and Ultra HD video recording capabilities. The front camera however remains the same with 2MP resolution. Underneath the hood we find a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974-AC quad core processor with 2GB of RAM and 578 MHz Adreno 330 GPU that can handle almost every graphic intensive game and offer better than average multitasking experience. We find all the regular connectivity options such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB along with GPS navigation.

The only grudge that we hold against the new Moto X is the lack of microSD card slot. Just like its predecessor you are stuck with 16GB of internal memory out of which only 12GB is user accessible. The LTE capable, single nano-SIM enabled Moto X has been equipped with a 2300mAh battery that is claimed by the company to last for a day on moderate use. To wrap up we would like our readers to post their views on 2nd generation Moto X and see if it manages to outshine cheaper mid-range offerings available in the market.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The 2nd generation Moto X is up for pre-order from midnight of 25th September. Flipkart says that customers will get their hands on the smartphone by the second week of October.

Launch day offers

• Get interest component refunded as cashback on EMI for 6 months tenure on HDFC/ICICI credit card.
    • Rs.1000 off on Motorola deck speaker.
    • 100% cashback recharge vouchers worth Rs.1200/- from FreeCharge
    • Coupons worth Rs.1,500 for purchases on Myntra App Free.
  • nguyencamvnh
    nguyencamvnh
    beautiful colors, I love the design and color full pay

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is it possible to convert the electricity to digital data and transmit through the internet Do you have any Idea.....?
A National Geographic video on Spinisaurus, the lost giant dynosaur of the Sahara: https://bcove.me/mrtvix6n
Yeah, Blackberry is back in town with the new 'Passport' design. Check out the video below:- This model does invoke mixed reviews, But, my question is should Android Heads think...
Friends, I am pursuing my masters in advanced computer networks. Given this information, I wish to know if it is useful to learn android programming. If yes, then please enlighten...