2009 Itn'l auto show

Here's a link to some photos I took today at the 2009 Int'l auto show in DC (too many to try and post). As you can tell I really liked the Tesla Roadster electric car! =) Very impressive design, engineering and performance stats. With further refinement they will only be more reliable and more cost effective for a small hand built manufacturer. I'm also a big fan of the Lotus Elise which could be my next one, the tesla is a bit pricey. ($109,000.oo US for base) I have a soft spot for M. Benz, Aston Martin & Porsche. Poking around at the technology of the various race cars was fun too. The 2010 concepts for VW, Lincoln C & Ford Taurus were bright spots too. They had a seperate section for green vehicles which was nice. Hybrids, an electric Fiero, and college race designs.

gohmchin | Flickr

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Awesome pics gohm! *drools*

Haha, the MIT solar car was so out of place. But good to see it was being displayed! The chassis shot of the Tesla was interesting.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    "Tesla roadster chassis, lithium ion batteries & motor "
    i could not find a specific car though! it was a frame instead.

and true ash! I could relate the MIT solar car to a kind of out of shape futura car!

Not sure of its performmance though!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving the thread to our new CE - Events section 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I guess Gohm was our official CE reporter for the autoshow yeah? We should do this often
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I guess Gohm was our official CE reporter for the autoshow yeah? We should do this often
    😉 That's the idea we've behind CE-Events section.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Awesome snaps pal. Waiting for a report on it.
  • gohm
    gohm
    There are several pics of the Tesla Roadster with the body, one is red other is green.

durga
    "Tesla roadster chassis, lithium ion batteries & motor "
    i could not find a specific car though! it was a frame instead.

and true ash! I could relate the MIT solar car to a kind of out of shape futura car!

Not sure of its performmance though!
  • gohm
    gohm
    The show was a bit subdued I think because of the economy, both in vendors and attendees. Ford had the largest presence, the concept 2010 Taurus looked really nice. The had a large area for the f-150 & Mustang. The Lincoln C concept car is composed of a lot of recycled material. Suicide style rear doors, hubless steering wheel, hud, seats that conform to your body were all nice touches. The VW concept convertible looked really sharp. A bit risky as many lines are dropping roadsters (honda, saturn,etc.) however I think VW can pull it off and be an alternate to the mx-5, although that is still the best (yes, that is what I have, grin). Everyone has certainly jumped on the hybrid band wagon which is a start, however all these hyrbid SUVs just make me scratch my head and wonder. I didn't take any pics of the 2009 lines of the major manufactures because most of us have seen them or can easily access the info. I mainly went to look at concepts, green tech & exotics/race cars. A couple fellow area mx-5 racers were there with their cars on display. The p1/p2 and GT class racing cars were a treat. The tesla roadster was amazing to explore and see first hand. They are attempting to expand their dealerships out of the two in CA to other US cities. I wish them the best for a small firm taking the risk of building all electric sports cars. Growth should allow the cost to come down and the reliability to go up, two main issues with the car. I'm glad the exposure shows the public that all electric vehicles are 100% feasible right now. I think I would need a cd of V8 noises as the quietness of the car would be odd. They certainly have some strong engineers on their team by evidence of the design. Personally though I would buy a Lotus at less than half the cost. Saab, Audi, Chevy, BMW were a disappointment as everything looked the same. Smart was there with the fortwo & convertible. Scion had a nice desplay. My friend really liked the new Mitsubishi Gallant. Porsche was good to see, although they had a very small presence.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yo CEans! Any of you have any RC helicopter experiences you'd like to share? I currently have a Art tech MD500 I'm sharing with friends for a group project. At...
Hello, I have done my BE in Electronics and Telecom. Engg.(E&TC). Then I got job in Software MNC. Now I would like to pursue my PG in CS. So I...
CEans, Our CEans - MayurPathak has launched his own startup 😀 , while we all wait to hear from Mayur about his company; have a look at company's official URL...
why we are using carbon brush in dc generator instead of copper brush?
I made a video of an experiment where I make some simple modifications to the inside of a motor to turn it into a pulser used to recharge some batteries....