‘Text neck’ is becoming an ‘epidemic’ and could wreck your spine

I am thankful for my dumb phone.
Quote:
The human head weighs about a dozen pounds. But as the neck bends forward and down, the weight on the #-Link-Snipped-# begins to increase. At a 15-degree angle, this weight is about 27 pounds, at 30 degrees it’s 40 pounds, at 45 degrees it’s 49 pounds, and at 60 degrees it’s 60 pounds.
That’s the burden that comes with staring at a smartphone — the way millions do for hours every day, according to #-Link-Snipped-# published by Kenneth Hansraj in the #-Link-Snipped-#.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How is java bytecode decompiled and deobfuscated for malware analysis?
I am always a passenger except years back on my old Humber bicycle. It looks as though now I can be a passenger without a driver! https://www.theengineer.co.uk/news/the-drive-for-autonomy/1019536.article?cmpid=tenews_689874
Hi, I am working with a product base company who pays higher that market. But now i want to go back to service base IT company because of more onsite...
IS IT POSSIBLE TO REDUCE THE WAVE FREQUENCY WHICH WE USE UP IN TODAY'S MOBILE PHONE' BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF FREQUENCY WHICH WE USE TODAY IS HIGH.. WHICH CAN AFFECT...