Škoda Octavia RS India Launch Date Is Aug 9 - The Legend Is Coming Back

Skoda India, the Czech automaker is all set to announce the all new Skoda Octavia vRS, the fastest Octavia ever to come out of the company's production house. Featuring two engine options - a 2.0-liter TSI petrol version good for a whooping 220 HP and a 2.0-liter TDI mill rated at 181 HP. To advertise this new ride, the company has put up a new ad that goes at lengths to say that the new Octavia RS is a show stopper. The ad is so impressive, it is going to appeal to all those who own those larger-than-life toys and make all those who drool over gigantic ice-creams feel awesome. Heidi Cartledge, Head of Marketing, ŠKODA UK said, "The third generation Octavia vRS is the fastest production model to date so we wanted an advert that would bring to life the idea of enhancing the performance of everyday objects. The specially made props give a tongue in cheek taste of what you could experience if you vRS’d your life."

Skoda India has confirmed that the new Octavia will be officially launched in India on August 9th by Skoda’s Chairman of Board of Directors of SKODA Auto, Dr. H.C. Winfried Vahland. This new 2013 Octavia, which is no longer called Laura, is based on the VW MQB platform and therefore promises increased roominess and light weightedness. Compared to the Laura, the Octavia is 90mm longer and 45mm wider. And being equipped with 18-inch Gemini anthracite alloy wheels, acoustic rear parking sensors, automatic post collision braking system, black door mirrors and handles, daytime LED running lights, and dual zone air conditioning, you know that all the standard features are just in place.
Skoda_Octavia

"The new Octavia vRS has a very special place in the heart of everyone at Skoda," said Alasdair Stewart, Brand Director Skoda UK. "It unites our love of motorsport, sharp design and bold engineering, and is one of the most exciting cars we’ve ever made. We’re confident that the new Octavia’s unique mix of space, practicality and performance give it a real edge in an area of the market where we have enjoyed fantastic growth over recent years."

Skoda is taking all the pain and efforts to make people fall in love with the 2013 Octavia. Check out the video for yourself and tell us if you like it. And also, the tweeters can share this with friends with a #TheLegendIsComingBack hashtag.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Am I the only one totally impressed by the seats in this new car more than anything else?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Skoda - making a right move at a right time.Yes All the autogiants are on fast phase on introducing their child(cars) but can India consume the producers(skoda)?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It is for sure that the new Octavia will be costlier than the Laura but ot the same time, the car might come across as a much more value for money proposition due to its larger size, newer technology and a bigger equipment list.

What are your thoughts friends? If anyone is checking the official photographs, share some of them here.
  • suchit puri
    suchit puri
    first of all the new octavia is not costlier than laura , its starting from 9,90,705 ( Ex Showroom Thane ) , see for yourself #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That is just awesome then!
    #-Link-Snipped-# You have pointed to an article from 2008, isn't it? Correct me if I am wrong.

From what I am reading, the 2013 Octavia was recently spotted testing in Pune and it seems like Skoda India is working overtime to get it right with fine tuning the car for Indian conditions.

Check out the image -
    2013-Skoda-Octavia-India-launch-date

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My Sister is coming from dubai. Can i ask her to buy a mobile phone from there? Will i get all company warranty? Is Samsung S3 cheaper there? Please suggest...
Today Wikimedia Foundation in partnership with Aircel has announced the arrival of Wikipedia Zero in India. According to this initiative Aircel subscribers can now browse the mobile version of the...
I read some where that doing masters in Germany is subsidized that you don't have to pay tuition fees. Is that true ? Can you please share the procedure to...
It's been just a few hours since Google announced the next one in the 'Nexus' series and the Googlers in India have dedicated a separate page to the tablet. Check:...
I've often wondered why my Android does not have a native YouTube upload app. Looks like Nokia has beat Google in releasing a dedicated YouTube Upload app - that lets...