Compressor Running On Human Effort

An idea crossed my mind; Is it possible to make a compressor small enough to operate on human effort?
I am thinking on the lines that the *pedal work* can provide the required amount of power to compressor.
The compressor will be detachable through a clutch which we don't need to press frequently and it will be used to fill pressurize the tyres of the bicycle it will be mounted on. In short, the mechanism should be portable.

If required, additional battery may be provided for the operation of compressor. 😀
Mechanism will be small enough to turn your ride in a good experience.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a demonstration of how Ice can be used to run an AC or a cooling arrangement in an apartment. [video=youtube;FnQSURnzPHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnQSURnzPHQ&feature=related[/video]
'Robot nurse' can lift patients from ward bed to a wheelchair | News | The Engineer Confidence, profit, and a 40-year-old rocket | Opinion | The Engineer
Hai Friends this is krishna from mahabubnagar iam doing diploma final year in electrical i like playing chess.cricket.and chating with friends i joined in this net work to known about...
Job Title: .NET Developer Job Location: Bangalore/ Lucknow Stipend: 6000/Month Company Name: Iwizability.com Overview of internship: ASP.NET, C#.NET developer required for a software development company. Experience with ASP.NET, and C#.NET...
CTS (Cognizant) conducting off Campus Recruitment for 2010 and 2011 Batches. Below are the eligibility criterions and applying process. Eligibility: BE / B Tech / ME / M Tech /...