Looking for help with the course " Sounds and Vibrations "

Hello Guys:

I am student of Electrical Engineering, but during my masters i have taken the course " Sounds and Vibrations " which is more related to Mechanical Engineering.

I am looking for some one expert with this course, who can help me in understand few questions. If you think that you are good with the course, post here or message me, so that we can discuss it. Even if you want me to pay you, i am ready for that as well.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    let me first Welcome you to CE Upsonian 😀,
    I would recommend you to post your questions directly. Anyone who has knowledge of that topic will post his replies for your queries.

Regarding payment: All CEans take part in these activities just because to love to solve difficulties. We will discuss all doubts as this discussion will benefit everyone. No charges.

My suggestion is that you start different threads for different topics. Questions of similar topics can come under same thread.

Best of luck friend 👍
  • upsonians
    upsonians
    First of all Thanks a lot for welcoming me to CE.

Regarding the questions, actually there are questions for an online paper. I have no idea for this course, and thats why needs a mechanical engineer to help me out for solving problems related to this course.

Moreover, for the payment, i know the members of this forum are sharing information for free and just to help others, but since i need some one to dedicate himself for few hours, to help in solving the paper. This is not illegal, because we are allowed to use any source for solving the paper, as its an open book paper and free to use any source.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I would suggest that you post questions on forum. Interested people will contact you soon. Regarding me, I have limited knowledge of vibrations.
  • upsonians
    upsonians
    Here are few questions:
    If you think that you can help me in solving these type of questions, then message me. I would need your help on 6th June 2011.

Q. 1

Show that for a single-degree-of-freedom system, with structural (hysteretic) damping, the
    receptance (dynamic flexibility) forms a perfect circle with center in 1 /2η and with a diameter of
    1/2η.

Q. 2:
    You have been assigned to measure an accelerance FRF using burst random noise and shaker
    excitation. You know from experience that the frequency increment Δf must be less than 1 Hz for a
    minimal bias error on the structure at hand. You also know that a frequency range of 1000 Hz will
    be adequate. What measurement settings do you choose from the following: (possible choices
    within parentheses). The FFT analyzer uses the common oversampling factor of 2.56.
    Blocksize (64, 128, …, 8192):
    Triggering (Free Run, First Frame, Every Frame, Source):
    Time Window (Rectangular, Hanning, Flattop):
    Number averages (1,… 99999):
    Overlap (0%, …, 99%):

Few more questions as well, but they are having figures.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    upsonians
    Here are few questions:
    If you think that you can help me in solving these type of questions, then message me. I would need your help on 6th June 2011.

Q. 1

Show that for a single-degree-of-freedom system, with structural (hysteretic) damping, the
    receptance (dynamic flexibility) forms a perfect circle with center in 1 /2η and with a diameter of
    1/2η.
    Please see if this makes sense:chapter 4 (page 80 and following)
    Modal analysis theory of an SDoF dynamic system:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The Nyquist plot for a damped SDoF system is a circle for receptance.
    I am sorry but I know very little about vibrations and damping.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey ppl, I am developing a facebook application and i need access token for my application. Can anyone help me with that.Their documentation sucks big time...😔
Skinput turns your hand into a touchscreen and your fingers into a keypad Skinput turns your hand into a touchscreen and your fingers into a keypad
please can u explain me the fields/inputs for cam profile that solidworks toolbox cams requires us to enter...i dont understand them...why does it make a cam with grooves..i do not...
Hello guys, im pretty new, but i thought maybe i could share my question with you. I was looking for career trainings that can suit civil engineering and help me...