Bearings , pinion , counter shaft

I have problems in getting the concepts related to slow speed mill Pulverizers : Ball mill or tube/drum mill type. They are using reduction gear box single stage and has cooling coils of water to cool the oil. How will it be arranged and why do we need to make system bulkier?

2) I dont understand why do we need bearings? what are their types? And oil system also for bearing.
3) In the drum mill , they use counter shaft with pinion. It swayed away my head.
Why do we need this arrangement?

Please CEans help me out..

Replies

• freak16
    freak16
    Also what is half coupling?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    We need bearings to support long shafts so that they do not buckle ( bend in between).

There are many types of bearings. Foot step bearings, simple bearings.

See this image [​IMG]

Image source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Let us wait for others else I will answer all the above questions.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    basically we use bearings to support the rotating shafts because if we directly support the shaft in a hole then due to the friction maximum power will be lost and handling of shaft will become difficult. So we need such an arrangement which can hold the shaft and also support the rotating motion without much loss in power transmission.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup I agree with Yadavundertaker. We can also use self lubricating bearings, made by the use of powder metallurgy. They are actually common.

We can also use bush between bearing and shaft which is used as a sacrificial material. When the bush is worn out by friction, we can replace it. Actually it is easy. πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

General Motors India had organized an event for automotive design called β€˜Design the Next Chevrolet Contest’ for engineers & designers across the nation. Around 1000 entries were received and 40...
Hello fellow CEans! The name is Abhijeet Khan. (Khandagale). Mechanical Engineer from GHRCE, Nagpur, I've a wide work area. I've a blessed brain which I put to use a lot....
Comparison of used and new crankshaft after tempering process Hey guys,i am the material engineering student and new in this forum, i have problem in getting the information about comparison...
Trrigers πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜” Hi , I am not much touch in database programming but have to include trigger for this following table in one of my subprograms so please can anyone...
Vieni a trovarci su <> il sito del podcast <> la trasmissione gratuita orientata ai temi di ingegneria civile, meccanica, elettrica, nucleare, architettura, informatica e quant'altro possa interessare i tecnici...