Know Your CEan - CivilPrincess

• Hi CIVILPRINCESS, you are a Crazy Civil engineer, tell us more about yourself.

Hiya CEans. my name is Niranjana. I’m doing my 3rd year civil engineering in India. I love anything concerning civil engineering, designing and planning. I love learning new softwares that can be used to do 3D models. I’m very enthusiastic(or rather hyperactive) when it comes to learning new engineering stuff.

• How did you get introduced to CrazyEngineers (CE)?

One evening I came home to hear from my sister (CEan cooltwins) that she had joined some engineering forum. She went on listing all that the forum held and I was tempted to visit the forum my sis was talking about. I found it was the “CRAZY ENGINEERS”. Then I started browsing the forum and now I’m addicted to it.

• Why did you take up civil as your engineering trade? What do you like most about it?

I had always wanted to do something creative and stuff like drawings and plans. I knew civil engineering or architecture were my only options. But I didn’t feel like appearing for the architecture exams or taking it. So with my 12th marks I only tried for the engineering and landed safe in civil engineering.
I love the fact that in civil engineering it is I who has to decide the design or the plans.i only have design methodologies and I don’t have standard solution or design. It is an innovative field where you can display your engineering abilities at it’s best. And one main thing is all the things we consider as world wonders are all civil engineering marvels.

• What do you like the most about yourself?

I’m very optimistic and self confident. I always think I’m the luckiest person around and nothing can go wrong in life. And one more thing is if I take up a work I really want to put my full concentration in it and finish it perfect and on time.

• What is your favorite pass time?

Dance, listen (only listen:wink😀 to music, reading mangas, watching animes, browsing the net.

• Who are your idols or inspirations?

there are many entrepreneurs like sanjeev (who started the naukri.com. he succeeded when the rest of the industries flopped due to recession.he showed positive growth then), sarath babu, many more… and most importantly my mom and dad :smile:

What is the biggest achievement in your life so far?

Having cleared the japaneese language proficiency test level 4 (here level four means the first level) and getting the first mark among all the students(college) in my year.

• The CE Quickies aka Rapid Fire:

1. Name top 5 CEans.
I think all the CEans are awesome so I think I can’t tell just 5 top CEans.:smile:

2. If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
(i) To travel around the world and see all the world wonders.
(ii) To build a beautiful house(totally my design) for my family.
(iii) I’m not done with all my wishes… so why not have another 997 wishes :wink:

3. If you were not an engineer, you would be?
Maybe an artist…

4. Your biggest blooper till date is?
I attempted the hindi exam ( the private exams we write) twice and flopped both the times. :wink: (I’m still trying to learn the language…:wink: )

5. A moment you can never forget.
I was declared CEan of the month…

6. 5 years from now, you will …
…Be a civil engineer with a difference

• If you were a politician, what will your 5 year plan look like?

I’d want more low cost housing coming up. And more funds will be allotted to provide faster rail networks. This is one aspect where india is lagging. And I’d want to do exactly that.

• What do you want to say about CE?

It is awesome platform for connecting the engineers. It is hard to see a forum that covers all the needs of the engineers from technical doubts to projects help, general help to carrer advices and much more. It is also wonderful to have the small talks with pioneers from the industry. But one small worry for me is that there are not much civil engineers who actively participate in the discussions so at some point the discussions tend to become monotonous. Hope that more civil engineers become active members here.

• Thanks for being so active and helpful on CE. We wish you a wonderful life ahead. Before we end, any thought you want to share?

Work hard and smart at the same time..
"the harder you work… the luckier you get":smile:
thank you :smile:

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    nice interview ..
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @civilprincess: nice answer..
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    nice interview.......glad to know about civilprincess....
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    nice answer!!
    One more question CP.
    Where you got this name Civilprincess??
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good one..

And good to know you cleared JLPT level 4. I attempted it once and failed..

Nice interview.. 😀
  • itchap
    itchap
    Nice interview...and smart answers too..!!
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thanks guys 😁
    @mohit : it was a self proclaimed title 😉 actually when i was signing up for a membership i was asked to enter a user id... and came up with this name all of a sudden 😀

@silverscorpion: don't feel silverscorpion. even i failed the hindhi exam twice 😉 failure is the stepping stone to success 😁
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice Interview CP!!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Nice Interview:Civil princess 😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thanks sahithi and cooldudeiet 😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I missed this?

Fantastic Interview, you need 997 more wishes 😀 1 wish for me CP!

@Abrakadabra: You are so good in asking questions 😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thanks ES!
    i don't mind giving you one wish 😉
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Cool answering mode.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thanks aj😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    @civil princess: nice interview and your answers were interesting😀😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thank you praveena 😀
  • sam_from_hell
    sam_from_hell
    nice interview 😁
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    hey, nice interview.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @CP-great interview. IF you do wan't more Civil people around why don't ask your college buddies to join in and also spread the word.The more the merrier!😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    thanks sam_from_hell, mad_scientist and shreyasm89 😁
    @shreya: that's what even i've been trying to do. got almost 10 people in. but it would be great to have discussions with other civil engineers too. 😀
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Hey CP nice interview. Your attempt for this hindi exam...😉 well, You are a good learner and I'll surely teach you😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    that was awesome
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Cool Interview...hope all your wishes (more than 1000) are fullfilled.I personally feel Civil Engineering is a revolutionary discipline having maximum impact on society....sustainable infrastructure and zero discharge is need of the hour

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I an using Ubuntu 10.04 as my OS and i installed GNU C++ compiler wants to know that what is the command to compile C++ program on UNIX system? Is...
Hey this is raj some time I get confused regarding which site to visit for the sample papers for some particulars types of exams......like AAI(airport authrity of india ),RBI(reserve bank...
i m second year electrical student ,finding some project ideas ....help me please...
Hi friends !!! i m studying in second year of EXTC. i have an idea of a mini project can u help me for implementing this or can u tell...
Hello friends, As we know that in c++ we end the class with a semicolon like this...... Class a { }; but in java we don't need to end the...