Using PEN drive as RAM with Windows Vista

Hey guys is it possible in microsoft windows vista that pen drive can be use as
a RAM. There is a feature in windows vista that can use ur fast flash drive as ram temporarily .....the feature is called windows ready boost..
Is it true, please explain mi if this is posssible.

Replies

• crook
    crook
    Re: pen drive use as a ram

You should visit #-Link-Snipped-# to know more about ReadyBoost. I think Tom Archer provides the best explanation of this feature.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

crook
    You should visit #-Link-Snipped-# to know more about ReadyBoost. I think Tom Archer provides the best explanation of this feature.
    Well and here is one more link which is a must read 😁 -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

-The Big K-
  • crazy
    crazy

crook

Thanks crook...got it now.. cool link this one..neway waiting for further links.
  • T`u`L`!`P
    T`u`L`!`P
    Thx crook, Thx The_Big_K
    very handy links....
    regards
  • ggmittal
    ggmittal

hey frendz i also wanted to have this software for xp, as i am already using #-Link-Snipped-#...
  • scurrminator
    scurrminator
    #-Link-Snipped-#

here you can get some help
  • markk
    markk
    Wow, I never knew about this, I have also just found there is a win xp equivalent called eBoostr.
  • krishniha
    krishniha
    thats good
  • liverpool.aatmik
    liverpool.aatmik
    crazy
    Hey guys is it possible in microsoft windows vista that pen drive can be use as
    a RAM. There is a feature in windows vista that can use ur fast flash drive as ram temporarily .....the feature is called windows ready boost..
    Is it true, please explain mi if this is posssible.

Yes it is possible follow these steps
    Yes with some modified settings you can use your pen drive as a RAM

1) Connect your pen drive to your PC [pen drive should be at least 1 GB or if you having 4 GB then its better]

2) Allow PC what he is supposed to do,let system to detect pen drive.

3) After your PC finished with its detection work,you have to do some little

4) Right click on the My Computer and select the properties

5) Goto advanced and then performance setting then advanced then

6) Select pen drive and click on custom size " Check the value of space available "

7) Enter the same in the Initial and the Max columns

" You just used the memory of the PenDrive as a Virtual Memory "

8) Now restart your pc and enjoy your fast and super system

#-Link-Snipped-# ​
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    is it applicable for win xp also?
  • boscharun
    boscharun
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    but one thing to be noticed here. if you have sufficient RAM, using pen drive as RAM won't help you much, and there won't be any increase in the performace, but the pen drive will be engaged. so better use it only if heavily required.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT=verdana,geneva]😁Surprise 😁 [/FONT]​[FONT=verdana,geneva]CEans![/FONT] [FONT=verdana,geneva] [/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva]Welcome to CE - Downloads![/FONT] [FONT=verdana,geneva]We have been thinking too hard lately about how to 'create value' through CE. Good news is that, we have no...
Hey guys I had bought a 160 gb laptop harddisk and put a casing on it (so that I can use it as usb and its small so it is...
Hello to all CEans' After 6 quotes & reply i finally got an eye on starting my introductory thread. Not much to say but just as i have mentioned in...
Hi crazy engineers! wat will be the next version of windows after VISTA?? WILL Mr Gates will stop launching windows verisons????😁
hi.. I have selected a project based on VLSI tech. I want to interface FPGA 2S200-5PQ208 to parallel port. I need help in converting voltage levels between two families.... Please...