difference between all the languages..........

hey, can anyone divide or classify all the languages in different sections and provide the basic differences between them??? this thread may be very helpful for all the newbies..............

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Hello,
    I hope this wiki link will help you:

List Of Programming Languages By Category
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    any easier link?????? lol
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    If you want classification for certain languages,then you can tell me the languages.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    ok, then all the general languages such as c, c++, java, python, html, .net, asp, php, cobol, basic etc.... and the major differences between them.........
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Major Differences between C and C++:
    -C is a procedural programming language,c++ is an object oriented programming
    language.
    -C uses the top-down approach while C++ uses the bottom-up approach.
    -C is function-driven while C++ is object-driven.
    -C++ supports function overloading while C does not.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    please explain the 2nd point- c uses the top-down approach while c++ uses the bottom- up approach....
  • anirow
    anirow
    Broadest difference that I could find was,

html is a formatting language not a programming language, php, asp are the server side scripting language or back end languages and rest are the normal programming languages.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    lovejeet
    please explain the 2nd point- c uses the top-down approach while c++ uses the bottom- up approach....
    C++ follows OOP technique,i.e.,we first design base elements(classes and other small components) and then they are linked together for the final code.

C follows procedural programming technique,i.e.,the code is formulated step by step,each step is processed into detail,we make main function,then design inner modules and then divide them into smaller modules and so on.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    thanks for the nice reply................. and what about the other languages such as asp, .net, php.........
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    ASP & ASP.NET
    - ASP is not OO but ASP.NET uses OOPS.
    - ASP (JScript & VBScript) and ASP.NET (VB.NET & C#.NET).
    - ASP needs no reqs. ASP.NET reqs .NET framework.

ASP (both) & PHP
    - PHP is Open Source. ASP.NET is Closed Source and commercial.
    - PHP runs on any server (Apache, IIS) and any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) but ASP runs only on Windows IIS. Ports may be there.
    - PHP is light weight and doesn't use much system resources, ASP.NET is very heavy and requires a good processing capacity.
    - PHP loads faster than ASP or ASP.NET. (Speed is a crucial factor in WebSites).
    Check this out for in-depth comparison about these three...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • anirow
    anirow
    asp i think was a procedural scripting language, which also permitted OOPS( not so sure). dot net is very strong in OOPs. php is not that strong in OOPs.
    anirow
    asp i think was a procedural scripting language, which also permitted OOPS( not so sure). dot net is very strong in OOPs. php is not that strong in OOPs.
    ASP doesn't have OOPS Support! 😔
  • anirow
    anirow
    thanks praveenscience for confirming what i doubted.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    anirow
    thanks praveenscience for confirming what i doubted.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    But PHP is good in OOPs... 😀
  • anirow
    anirow
    Yeah php is better in OOPs as compared to ASP but i think it is far behind asp.net and Java, don't you think so?
    Dude, ASP.NET is a creation for OOPs only. And Java, the father of OOPs... How can you compare them with PHP? PHP is still a kid or intermediate in OOPs...
  • anirow
    anirow
    Intermediate is the right word as far OOPs in PHP is concerned. I was not being iconoclast when i compared it with JAVA,I was just responding to your assertion that php is good in OOPS. And JAVA is not 'father' or 'mother' of OOPs. Though it would be correct to call it one of the complete OOPs programming language
    anirow
    Intermediate is the right word as far OOPs in PHP is concerned. I was not being iconoclast when i compared it with JAVA,I was just responding to your assertion that php is good in OOPS. And JAVA is not 'father' or 'mother' of OOPs. Though it would be correct to call it one of the complete OOPs programming language
    Rightly said. But first of all, PHP is not an OOPs language, yet it supports it. The main use is for simple server side scripting...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys this year my college will be holding its first tech fest need help getting sponsors and we want to make a name for the college so what can...
"Better late than never," goes an adage. This can be better applied to Nagpur University that has finally decided to start an eligibility exam for the doctor of philosophy (PhD)...
This sites features D-I-Y projects on chocolates to robotics. Registering for the free version is good enough for most purposes. Technology - How to Make Instructables Bioramani
While the primary job of DNA in cells is to carry genetic information from one generation to the next, some scientists also see the highly stable and programmable molecule as...
HI, PLEASE CAN ANY ONE EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT NAME SPACE IS ?? , I UNDERSTANT THAT FOR EASY UNDERSTANDING WE CONVERT IP: 19*.12*.1*.1* TO URL:WWW.ABC.COM FOR EASY UNDERSTANDING . I...