CE Facebook Application

Let us first decide aim of this project

1:-App will consists of a Quiz which which will calculate the passion of individuals towards Engineering on basis of his answer and rate him.

If you guys want to include some thing else then post here

PS :Seniors Please do Guide us if we are wrong at any place ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @goyal: Idea looks very nice and interesting. Could you please elaborate a bit on what this app will do. It looks to me like a quiz application.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yups Exactly It will be a quiz application currently according to what i thought.
    Here we will ask people some questions and based on their answers app will evaluate his passion towards engineering and rate him

For eg say there is some IQ Test which test one's IQ level ,similar to that this application would evaluate whether a person is really passionate towards engineering ,if he crosses certain level then app would would give him certain remarks which will be posted on his wall on Facebook
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Hmmm...nice idea we can also make it branch wise, like we have engineers here from every branch. So according to their branch we can tell them how well they are fit or how much they are crazy for their field. If we are going for a facebook application then we just have to collect some questions and produce the results, e.g. for above 90 percent correct answers we can say that the participant is a crazy engineer etc.

P.S. I tried to make a percent mark after 90 but it produced some garbage value. So i wrote 90 percent. Biggie can u tell what problem is this?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @nicepeeyush: CE doesn't support special character encoding yet thats why you are getting some garbage value instead of symbol.
    Correct Biggie?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    @nicepeeyush nice suggestion but i think questions should be for present engineers as well as future engineer .The questions should be common to all fields overall it should define engineering
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @goyal: ohk....but first of all we have to get some questions which can define engineering or which can be used to show interest in engineering. Any suggestion ppl?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes nicepeeyush
    so where are my team members?GUYs i need you all to be online at same time
    so that better suggest any time suitable for you ,so that we can discuss things
    We have to compelete this project asap because there is lot more projects waiting for you
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hey all,

The CE-Facebook Application work begins today.
    We hope to make this work as soon as possible.
    We will keep you updated.

Cheerio!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Besides from the branch wise questions we have to put a common quesstionaire for all the CE ,It can be consists of some typical puzzles,some IQ questions and basic Aptitude..
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Agreed COOLDUDE
    but there are no of facebook applications already available for puzzles and IQ test .Our main aim of this quiz is to find whether a person really passionate about engineering,what he thinks ,how he analyze things

Let us take an example
    There is a popular story that Newton was sitting under an apple tree, an apple fell on his head, and he suddenly thought of the Universal Law of Gravitation

Now here if he talk about a normal person ,then what would he do with that apple ,obviously he will pick that apple and eat it

But newton thought about Gravitation Law why that apple falls down ,that makes difference between an Engineer and Normal Person

So this Quiz aims to analyze this and rate him according to his responses
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @goyal: agreed ,we need to create the Quesstionire as well to explore our innovative questions so that we can consolidate a good amount of questions set.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    UPDATE:

I forgot to mention an important issue

Facebook never allow application which are hosted by using free domains for eg goyal.example.com.

It is mandatory to host it on genuine server

So admin can you please allow us to host this application on ce server ,otherwise i have to find an alternative

Waiting for reply
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    i have a query manish........is this application meant only for current engineers or for those also who aim to be an engineer........?
    and i think it should be according to the engineering trade of the candidate taking our test.........
    what you say......??

And we want to know that how much a person is crazy and passionate about engineering... or how much s/he is serious about it......?? there is a difference between them... i hope you get that......๐Ÿ˜•
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yes agreed deepika
    But don't you think it will then look more like a technical test ,moreover since we are using facebook platform which people uses for fun purpose, so it should be of fun type but related to engineering.
    People should actually feel good after giving this quiz

Rest we can see ,if we really felt need then we would add
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    goyal420;
    Have a look at this link ,It is excellent tutorial according to me,It will give you a brief idea of facebook API

#-Link-Snipped-#

Just go through it and reply here asap ,so that we can final aim of this application then move to design phase
    Manish i fear i didn't understood that code very nicely..... ๐Ÿ˜”
    Actually i am not aware of php and my jsp section has just started... ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    not to worry
    we will prepare proper documentation for this so that you will get an idea
  • eelectrichuman
    eelectrichuman
    may be we can rate us based on different streams and subjects in engineering
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    @manish: I can help other ceans in preparing documentation. This will help other ceans as well who are looking for a document/project report template. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sorry for late response. I see interesting activity going on here. We can setup a separate server on "CrazyEngineers.in' domain (owned by us). So let me know the details through Email and I'll be happy to provide it to you.

Keep up the good work! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    Sorry for late response. I see interesting activity going on here. We can setup a separate server on "CrazyEngineers.in' domain (owned by us). So let me know the details through Email and I'll be happy to provide it to you.

Keep up the good work! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks for your support sir

CE Facebook application project is going on ,AKD is ready with questions ,these questions we will send to all our team members so that we can get more variety ๐Ÿ˜€

Once Questions will be decided, we will move on to design phase ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    goyal420
    Thanks for your support sir

CE Facebook application project is going on ,AKD is ready with questions ,these questions we will send to all our team members so that we can get more variety ๐Ÿ˜€

Once Questions will be decided, we will move on to design phase ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks Biggie! ๐Ÿ˜€

I see, following CEans have shown interest in collecting questions for this.

Deepika Bansal

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#.

I will PM you all a sample set of questions that we have decided till now.

Please Note that: We don't intend to make it a serious quiz. So, we are expecting fun questions from you.

If I have missed out on some CEan please comment here. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Waiting for the questions!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Btw, I went through the link provided, and I'm afraid I didn't understand most of the things.. To start with, I've started learning PHP. Let's see how it goes from here.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    If I'm not wrong, this will run as an application on facebook, like many others. But I dont understand, how will it pull the traffic to CE?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    If I'm not wrong, this will run as an application on facebook, like many others. But I dont understand, how will it pull the traffic to CE?
    It may help us get known. The app will have CrazyEngineers branding.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    It may help us get known. The app will have CrazyEngineers branding.
    I like the idea. But I dont think it is a good branding exercise. Not discouraging the team though, I love facebook apps
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    When anyone post the results on his wall in facebook then I think only one line will be more than enough to do everything at end ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    When anyone post the results on his wall in facebook then I think only one line will be more than enough to do everything at end ๐Ÿ˜€
    Goyal, the idea is really good and I think it will help CE in making a well known brand among all engineers out there on Facebook. I look forward to seeing this application fully functional.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    i think ceans enjoyed a lot yesterday now let us get back to work
    guys i want you to be online on same time so that we can discuss things in fast way so please suggest whatever time wil be suitable for you
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i'll get back with some questions ๐Ÿ˜ december would be nice ๐Ÿ˜€ most of CEans would have finished their exams and we can concentrate on it together ๐Ÿ˜
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    goyal420
    i think ceans enjoyed a lot yesterday now let us get back to work
    guys i want you to be online on same time so that we can discuss things in fast way so please suggest whatever time wil be suitable for you
    anytime in the evening..... I think that is the time when most of us can come online.......
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I sent them to all those who showed interest. But, No responses so far from CEans with Questions.

I got just one mail from CEan Deepika.

Buck Up folks!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hmm so ceans are busy with exams.

Fine we will start work on this after 1st week of December .Till then I will try to write some tutorials on facebook API for its better understanding, but Guys remember we have to make this app fully functional within December itself because this would be our new year gift to CE ๐Ÿ˜€

So Please co-operate if you desire to work.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i've got a couple of questions will come up with some good number of questions and put it in pm ๐Ÿ˜ yeah! lets do it by december ๐Ÿ˜€ but i don't know how i can help other than coming up with some questions ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    questions and design are core part of this app and i think you girls are best in this
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hello all,

We have received an awesome set of questions from CEans - Civil Princess & NicePeeyush. ๐Ÿ˜

If you want to contribute, do it now!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    awesome guys
  • HirenBarbhaya
    HirenBarbhaya
    I must say, this is nice idea!!!
  • itchap
    itchap
    Nice initiative guys. As far as i understand this is basically not a quiz but it is some sort of feedback that how the different perceptions of different peoples. But what is the idea to calculate someone's passion of Engineering. Do you guys are going to rate a particular person on the basis of total number of peoples which are having same passion? Please provide some more details.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    itchap
    Nice initiative guys. As far as i understand this is basically not a quiz but it is some sort of feedback that how the different perceptions of different peoples. But what is the idea to calculate someone's passion of Engineering. Do you guys are going to rate a particular person on the basis of total number of peoples which are having same passion? Please provide some more details.
    @itchap: We want to make it a fun application. Where we will rate the users taking test based on their inclination towards various aspects of engineering. eg: How they react to a situation or what they like the most?
    We have no plans to make it a serious application. ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope I cleared your doubts.
  • itchap
    itchap
    AbraKaDabra
    @itchap: We want to make it a fun application. Where we will rate the users taking test based on their inclination towards various aspects of engineering. eg: How they react to a situation or what they like the most?
    We have no plans to make it a serious application. ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope I cleared your doubts.
    Thanks for prompt response AKD. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anybody out there taken/planning/thinking about GMAT?? If yes I think we can share strategies... I am planning to take it in March and under preparation.
I'm not sure what's exactly gone wrong with Digg. The world's one of the most popular content sharing websites is now going down the hill. The traffic is going down...
Hi friends, please tell me what a Vmware is and what does it do?
Help me with some interesting mechanical projects..
Any one have an idea about these courses, 1) Intellectual Property Rights & Information Technology in Internet age : This course will cover the basic laws of patents, copyrights, Trademarks...