How to post on CE Forums?

Guide: How To Post On CrazyEngineers Forum

On CE Forum, you can either participate in any existing discussion or start a new discussion. This short guide explains how to do it.

Before You Post:

Use the search box available in the top-right corner of CE Forum to search for the topic you want to discuss or want to start. If the topic exists, you can participate in that discussion or decide to start your own new discussion.

Forum Basics:

The CrazyEngineers Forum is divided into various sections dedicated to the discussions on broad level categories. Example - "CE-Introductions" section has all the discussions related to introductions posted by members. "Electrical & Electronics Engineering" section has all the discussions related to anything related to electrical and electronics engineering and so on. A discussion is popularly known as 'thread' (aka discussion thread) which has multiple 'posts'.

Starting A New Discussion (Thread) -

1. First find out which is the most appropriate section to start your discussion topic. The most popular section for new members is "CE-Introductions" section so that they can introduce themselves to the community. Let's take CE-Introductions as our example section for this guide. Likewise, if you want to start a gadget related discussion, you should go to 'CE Gadgets & Software' section.

2. Once you are inside the appropriate section, (in our case, the Introductions section), you will see multiple discussions. You want to start your own introduction. So click on the 'Post New Thread" Button -

post-new-thread

3. Posting your message -

post-message

Common Sense Based Tips:

Title: 'hiiii' or 'helpppp' isn't a good title. A title should idea of the discussion. For example, "Problem with Installing Windows 7 Along With uBuntu" is a better title. You got the point.

Post Content: Describe the problem in detail and add supporting references, examples etc. so that it is easier for others to understand the problem you are facing. "searching for job" is not a good post content.

4. Submit Your Thread -
submit-post

Use these buttons to submit your discussion thread or preview it before you submit it.

Reply to any existing discussion.

We believe this process is quite straightforward and does not need more explanation. Simply open any existing discussion and click 'Reply To Thread' button and the rest of the procedure is the same as above.

Replies

• hassan.buet07
    hassan.buet07
    Thanks. Your post helped me.
  • visionary
    visionary
    hey! This is easy! and fun! I think I got the hang of it quickly enough! Thanks!
  • Sandhya.H
    Sandhya.H
    Thanks...πŸ˜€ your instructions helped me... I will go with it...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Good work Biggi..!!

- Some one is here to pat 😁 biggi 😁

-Crazy
  • coolhead
    coolhead
    thanks the big k
  • Arvind.Singh
    Arvind.Singh
    Thank u all.... This should help πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Arvind.Singh
    Thank u all.... This should help πŸ˜€
    Oh yes, no SMS language, please. πŸ˜€
  • safwan
    safwan
    thank you the big K
    this help me alot
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    i have a quick question big k , can we give our mobile numbers? i havent shared yet and saw none sharing it even , kindly help me out on this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Giving out your personal details/information is your own decision. If you get into any kind of trouble, CE will not be responsible in any case.

We demand that all the discussions to happen on CE Forums so that everyone gets benefited. Also, I do not understand why would anyone want to give out his/her email ID or Phone number on a public forum.
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    Hello Big_K, how to include quotes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Either use
    text [/ quote] (without spaces) around the text or simply click [​IMG] button to quote complete post.

You may even multi-quote. Search the forum for thread that explains how to use that feature.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Is it possible to change the title of our OWN created/started thread at any point of time ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No, you can do so only for limited period of time after starting the thread. If you want to change the title of the thread at a later point of time, get in touch with mods/admin.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    No, you can do so only for limited period of time after starting the thread.
    What is the duration of that period?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    What is the duration of that period?
    Three minutes.
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    The_Big_K
    Either use
    text [/ quote] (without spaces) around the text or simply click [​IMG] button to quote complete post.

You may even multi-quote. Search the forum for thread that explains how to use that feature.
    thank you The_Big_K
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shiwa436
    The_Big_K
    Either use
    thank you The_Big_K
    You're welcome. πŸ˜€
  • axisvnit
    axisvnit
    Your post is great big_k!!! Being a new user, I can tell you, it is helping me a lot. Thank you.πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    axisvnit
    Your post is great big_k!!! Being a new user, I can tell you, it is helping me a lot. Thank you.πŸ˜›
    You are welcome. We've been working on documentation & videos to help new members πŸ˜€ .

Hopefully we'll have them ready very soon.
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    hey big k im not able to post new threads please help me out..
    i can post reply but not able to find out how to post a new thread..can you help me out
  • aamna jaswal
    aamna jaswal
    thank u...............it is of great help.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You're all welcome. No SMS text anywhere on CE Forums please. Our engineers spend their precious time in answering your posts. Therefore; please make sure that you write in clear language. πŸ˜€
  • sreelu
    sreelu
    thanks thats of great help!!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    thanks BIG K
  • ju0611
    ju0611
    m not able to post
  • ju0611
    ju0611
    where do i find the links 4 dpartments say 4 mechanical???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Forums Index Page lists all the sections.
  • vinibharati
    vinibharati
    hai this is bharati
  • shiva91
    shiva91
    thanks mr big k............. this was very helpful to me
  • akkumon
    akkumon
    Whats your real name.Dear big_k
  • jithuir
    jithuir
    akkumon
    Whats your real name.Dear big_k
    .................................................................................................................
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    jithuir
    .................................................................................................................
    Please refrain from posting this type of spam post in future. This is a technical forum, please help us in maintaining the quality of the forum.

Big_K is the administrator of this forum, you can search his name on the web 😁

-CB
  • riyaz mirza
    riyaz mirza
    hassan.buet07
    Thanks. Your post helped me.
    Site seems very useful for all engineers.
  • ajitishere
    ajitishere
    Can you please help me?
    Is there any medium which can be helped by me to communicate with all the members?
    Like sending a message to all for help in any field,etc?
    It would be nice if you would help?
    Ajit.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ajitishere
    Can you please help me?
    Is there any medium which can be helped by me to communicate with all the members?
    Like sending a message to all for help in any field,etc?
    It would be nice if you would help?
    Ajit.
    Post your query in appropriate section and its visible to all our visitors. You cannot send message to all members as it would be considered as spamming.
  • ajitishere
    ajitishere
    Thanks for your help, But can you cite me an example?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Any thread is an example. Are you completely new to the concept of forums?
  • ajitishere
    ajitishere
    Thanks for the help.
  • accoolaryan
    accoolaryan
    hi everyone i m new here sohelp me out?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    accoolaryan
    hi everyone i m new here sohelp me out?
    Sure we all are here. What help do you need? If you need help with posting, read the first post in this thread πŸ˜€
  • narasimhanmcl
    narasimhanmcl
    Thanks and your steps made it more comfortable..!πŸ˜›
  • elamparithi
    elamparithi
    The_Big_K
    CE Forums have been designed to keep the interaction with engineers easy, fast & smooth!

Before you post:-

1. Please search the forums for existing discussions. Its likely that your idea/query has been discussed/addressed in existing discussions on CE Forums.

2. Determine the appropriate section for your post. Take a look at different sections of CE Forums and decide which one is the most appropriate for your post.

Posting a new thread/discussion:-

1. Let's say you want to post your query in "Computer Science & IT Engineering" section. First step is to enter the section by following the link of that section.
    2. Now, click on [​IMG] button. On the editor page, enter your query (with all appropriate details), and provide appropriate title to your post (very important!).

3. Click 'Submit new thread' button and wait for others to reply to your query.

Posting a reply in existing thread/discussion:-

1. Simple way: While viewing the posts in any discussion, scroll down to the bottom of page, enter your message in the "Quick Reply Box" and click "Post Quick Reply" button. Done! πŸ˜€

2. Another simple way:

Click on the [​IMG] button while viewing posts in any discussion, you get access to advanced editor.

Addendum:
    1. Never use SMS text while posting on CE Forums
    2. Use English. We do not understand your local language.
    3. Be nice with everyone.
    thanks😎....this helped me..
  • raja.asokan
    raja.asokan
    hai...
    your post is very helpfull for the biginners like me...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I wonder most of the persons replied here are not active.

Biggie, I have a small suggestion..

If a new member joins and logs in for the first time, we are displaying rules to be followed.

Are we displaying the Intro section link?

If yes no issues, if not can we post a link to the introductions section with the format such that they will introduce.

I feel the many of the people who introduced are active!!!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah a intro section link would seriously help😎
    this comes out of personal experience ;-) :sshhh:
    the first time i was here i could not make out what to do now, where to go next,or anything at all.......:shifty:
    that will make people feel more comfortable...πŸ˜€

p.s.:ignore if already present.πŸ˜€
  • Ragav168
    Ragav168
    Thank you very much.This surely might help me.
  • Mechanist2010
    Mechanist2010
    How can i create a new forum?

I want to create a new forum subject, how can i do it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: How can i create a new forum?

Mechanist2010
    I want to create a new forum subject, how can i do it?
    If you mean a new topic under a section, please refer to the first post in this discussion.

A new forum/section can be created only by the admin. Typically a new forum is created when we have enough discussions that can be accomodated in a new section on CE Forum.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Ragav168
    Thank you very much.This surely might help me.
    Welcome and this will definitely help you,
  • VAISHAKH MR
    VAISHAKH MR
    Hiii friendz..i want to post a new topic in the form...!pls do help..for a beginner like me!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    VAISHAKH MR
    Hiii friendz..i want to post a new topic in the form...!pls do help..for a beginner like me!
    If you move down the page then you will find a drop-down box where you can select the appropriate field/forum where your question best suits and then give it a click.

You will be taken to a new page where in the left corner you will find ""NEW THREAD"" ,then if you select it you can start a new thread, come on go ahead.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VAISHAKH MR
    Please read the first post in this discussion thread.
  • Dinkum
    Dinkum
    Thanks for offering the rules of the road. This will make it much easier on both me as a new user and everyone else too.
  • prasu
    prasu
    Hello to The Big-R-K,this is prasanna.i am a new member joined in CEfans.I am very proud to be a member of these cefans..at first just i am searching for how to post a threads..in this process i have seen these forums..and thank you giving such a clear explainations..
    Presently i am persuing my b.tech in ECE..and i hope your valueable suggestions will guide me in presenting paper presentation and mini projects..
    Hope your reply can seen as possible..
    thank you..
  • aleena stephen
    aleena stephen
    Thanks. Nice experience. I am a new member.πŸ˜›
  • ramachandra
    ramachandra
    well,i understood
    new member.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    welcome to CE...

do take time to introduce yourself in CE introductions sub forum..πŸ˜€
    all the best..πŸ‘
  • durva
    durva
    thanks, this is so easy.
  • Ssonall
    Ssonall
    thank youπŸ˜› it really helps.....
  • GP17
    GP17
    Thanks for ur guidance.
  • kapilm
    kapilm
    thnx😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    i have a quick question big k , can we give our mobile numbers? i havent shared yet and saw none sharing it even , kindly help me out on this.
    Well, its a personal call one has to take. Sharing phone number or contact details is not encouraged.

I include my contact email in my signature because I must be approachable to all the members for specific purpose of helping with site issues.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    Well, its a personal call one has to take. Sharing phone number or contact details is not encouraged.

I include my contact email in my signature because I must be approachable to all the members for specific purpose of helping with site issues.

Oh! I think i posted this question last year 😁

I hope Biggie's answer should help all new bie's who are posting emails asking free projects πŸ˜€
  • soccer.vignesh
    soccer.vignesh
    This s very interesting thank you all
  • Saurabh Mongia
    Saurabh Mongia
    This matter is very helpful. Thank You.
  • prasanta130580
    prasanta130580
    can i modify old pump gland seal which is make problem to me. for this problem we changed gland packing in every two to three days. its booster pump driven by 3000 hp diesel engine #-Link-Snipped-#
  • crashalok
    crashalok
    inviting suggetions on my main project

i am a student of engineering. my discipline is mechanical engineering. i want you people to give me suggestions rather help me by telling me what to do.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: inviting suggetions on my main project

crashalok
    i am a student of engineering. my discipline is mechanical engineering. i want you people to give me suggestions rather help me by telling me what to do.
    Please read the first post in this thread to know how to post on CE Forums. Please post your query in appropriate section.

We can't tell you what to do unless you tell us what problem you are facing.

I'm moving your post to a new thread.
  • netizen.cute
    netizen.cute
    thanks for the instruction.i will remember it.
  • ssaraniyah
    ssaraniyah
    thank you, i m new to this link , it helped me to know, wat is it and how to do it, once again thank you
  • chin2boy
    chin2boy
    posting is an easy work.there are different type of forum like
    web designing and css and so on
  • haritha b
    haritha b
    how can i search for the technical query i have??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    haritha b
    how can i search for the technical query i have??
    There is a search feature in the top right corner.
  • ekta_agarwal07
    ekta_agarwal07
    thnkx a lot .....it really helped.....😁
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    Thank you so much.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @big K-I know this sounds prety trivial..but how should I add links & other text beneath my posts. Like you have the links for this forum among other things beneath your every post.πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
  • mayank1055
    mayank1055
    Thanks for helping me here.
  • Spring
    Spring
    Thank you..
    I hope this would be really useful to me...
  • rupz144
    rupz144
    This is great
  • gbuddy70
    gbuddy70
    Thanks for information
  • rashboyz25
    rashboyz25
    10x ur post helped me
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    rashboyz25
    10x ur post helped me
    Welcome to CE. πŸ˜€
  • tulasi.feb16
    tulasi.feb16
    hii friendz i am a beginner new to this could any one help me how to post a topic
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    thanks big k!!!!! it really helps ma a lot...
  • emmawotson
    emmawotson
    Thanks.
    I am new to discuusion forum and I do not know how to post and how to exoress my idea with the forum but now I am tring so I will fine with it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    emmawotson
    Thanks.
    I am new to discuusion forum and I do not know how to post and how to exoress my idea with the forum but now I am tring so I will fine with it.
    Good to hear that. If you have any questions, post them here or ask any of our regular members. They'll be happy to help you.
  • obama549
    obama549
    Thanks for sharing.It's great
  • uthamaputiran
    uthamaputiran
    Great help to know how to post this forum...
  • compedu
    compedu
    Thank you! It's good to start with this topic for newbie πŸ˜€
    Nice to join.
  • yoginavale
    yoginavale
    Thanks for the info......
  • TejaNaidu
    TejaNaidu
    thanks its helped me
  • rahul_kole
    rahul_kole
    thanks...........
  • nitinsharma299
    nitinsharma299
    thanks biggie πŸ˜€
  • niharikareddy
    niharikareddy
    hai dis is niharika
    i am of cse and i would like to knw abt some technical topics related to my branch and i would like to have some topics for seminar wil u plz help me 4 dis
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    niharikareddy
    hai dis is niharika
    i am of cse and i would like to knw abt some technical topics related to my branch and i would like to have some topics for seminar wil u plz help me 4 dis
    Hello
    Welcome To CE
    for Seminar topics #-Link-Snipped-#

avoid use of SMS language
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Pran_Ecstasy
    Pran_Ecstasy
    Thanks for the initial help sir.
  • mrenita
    mrenita
    Hello,
    Thanks for the guide . Is there any money scholarship For posting good comments
  • gohm
    gohm
    Mrenita,

No, members do not get paid for posting on CE just like most forums. What you do get is interaction, knowledge and ideas from being an active participating member.
  • amit kumar chauh
    amit kumar chauh
    i m new here so plz hlp me hw i wl use?
  • cos2bh
    cos2bh
    thank u it helped me a lot thanx
  • shriya mutha
    shriya mutha
    It's really iteresting .i am new here so please can you help me?
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    thank you..it did help a ton..!!
  • Aseel S. K.
    Aseel S. K.
    Thanks Big-K, I will go with it.😁
  • rajzece08
    rajzece08
    can u tel me the component used to produce res,white, green, yellow led
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rajzece08
    can u tel me the component used to produce res,white, green, yellow led
    Don't post anything anywhere. There are sections.
  • waltermax
    waltermax
    Hi,
    I'm Walter Max and i'm from Mobile' AL and i'm an I>T officer in a little Local company and fresher in this site so didn't know about many things related this site but got the all info in this thread so just like this thread Thanks for post...
  • Shah Vish
    Shah Vish
    Thnx 4 Info πŸ˜€
    its 1 of d best website i hd seen 4 sharing n gettin Knowledge πŸ˜€

thnx 1 Again
  • sandy jordan
    sandy jordan
    cn we share our mobile numbrs here?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sandy jordan
    Why'd you want to share your phone number in a public forum? It'd only attract phone calls from telemarketers.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    sandy jordan
    Use private coversation if you wish to share your mobile numbers, facebook etc.
    Do realize that everyone on this forum is good. There could be innumerous unwanted people who might have joined in just for spamming purposes. Its for your safety that you should give such information publicily. Be careful about the persons you share your info and only do so if you're confident about the legitimacy of a person.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts