Gmail Vowel Fail!

Google seriously has began failing at April Fool's Jokes. They've got this:

At 6:01 am Pacific Time, during routine maintenance at one of our datacenters, the frontend web servers in that particular datacenter started failing to render the letter 'a' for a subset of users. As error rates escalated, the strain spread to other datacenters. We worked quickly to avoid a cascading failure of the entire alphabet by implementing a stopgap solution that limited the damage to the letters 'a,' 'e,' 'i,' 'o,' and 'u.' As a result, we're experiencing Gmail’s first temporary vowel outage. (We’re still investigating whether the letter 'y' is impacted and will post an update here shortly.)
[​IMG]

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wait, this happened to the emails within Gmail as well? That would be unforgivable 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No, it was only on the Gmail login page. I guess the Google Apps pages were not affected.
  • lal
    lal
    Hmm. Thank God, the mails are not affected!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to convert a cars alternator to a motor simply at home with basic tools?
Hey, First year engineering student and my project is to build a go cart for my class and was wondering if anyone had any kind of input on a steering...
I hope its not another silly April Fool's joke by Google, but it looks like HTML5 is capable of working as a game rendering engine. Couple of webkit engineers at...
Many third and final year engineering students must have completed their projects by now (am I too late/early in saying this? I've no clue!). I'm wondering whether anyone would like...
hi is there any one who can guide me in selecting topic for mini project and i m very confused indoing that i need to know how to do mini...