How to Earn Money from Blogging

How can I money from Blogging? Can I really earn some handsome money from blogging? What is moneytizing the Blog anyways(Biggie Style Sentence!).

Many of you, or most of you here write blogs. What is your defination of blogs? Create a wordpress account and write something or anything? Invite friends to read them and coment them or use that in your signature to prove that you are also blogging?

Neah........ Thats not blogging. That is a pure time waste! ( Is this fellow gone out of his Head?)

Am I, then you might want to read on buddy.

A blog is a short article where you put your opinion. People read and comment on them. You feel great looking at flag counter or visitors counter. Is that it?

Now listen, blog is also about a serious business. Yes you can turn that into serious business. Imagine getting paid us 100$ every month from your efforts. And actually helping yourself with that extra money. Party with it, pay your fees, it is just that great.

Is it that simple? How to do it?

The first thing you must remember at this stage is that you need to read the rest of the article, only if you are interested to earn money from blogging. For rest others, you can read to learn what an opportunity you are wasting!

1) Select a Niche: Niche is typically a search term or the Core theme of your site. Search in google to find which keywords generates high search volumes and which keywords are competitive ( google pays more for advertisements on some and very less in yet some other). you can use googles keyword search tool to know more about keywords. ( some example of high revenue keywords are: Toolbar download, term Insurance, Yahoo, Helpdesk software and so on)

Select a niche that you are good at or where you think you can write some good thing.

2) Write atleast 10 blogs Concentrated around that keyword, write 10 blogs. Typically 250 words min to 400 words max. Write an About Us or About Me page, stuff the blogs with meaningful photos.

3) Release 5 blogs initially
4) Add google Analytics
It is a way of monitoring traffic. You can find daily how many visitors is visiting. How many pages on an average is getting read. You will find that unique visitors in your blog is typically between 2-10. So thats bad.
5) Advertise and Advertise: Go around search for similar blogs, read them and write meaningful comment. do not forget to leave a link back to your article/blog. Your initial target should be to post atleast 25 comments a day. Now in twitter account make some meaningful twits. Dont overdo, posting of Links. Try to follow some people on this Niche. Join Forums and start posting on this Niche. After 10 post, add your signature and put the link back to your forums.

If you follow step 5 with seriousness you can observe that you have started receiving more than 50 Unique visitor every day. That is the time.

6) Apply for an AdSense Account Apply for adsense account. And dont keep quite. Release one blog a day from that 5 remaining blogs and have extensive marketing of those blogs. Once there are more than 20 backlinks to your blog, you are on. adsense gives you the account. Place the ads in your blog in suitable places. Learn what is CTR and CPC.

Follow the guidelines for six months. Write write and write. Advertise, advertise and advertise. After six month your daily income will be something between 5$ a day to 15$ a day based on how seriously and nicely you are writing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think I joked around for one hour to write this, think again. If you can earn a handsome money, why not. Even if you do not earn handsomely, you still earn something. That gives you a great satisfaction and motivation to write quality stuff that people take seriously. For the blogs without AdSense, you are just not there boss ..... Nobody reads your blog with seriousness.
Remember the Golden rule of Business "Cheap products are best being avoided"

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think Adsense has lot of restrictions in place before they approve publishers. The main ones are -

1. No duplicate content.
    2. No adult content.
    3. No illegal stuff.

Plus, I don't think they've the 20 back-links criteria. You just need to have a decent website design and adhere to their policies to get approved. Adsense blog recently published that they have a 2 step approval process in place to make sure that they only accept quality advertisers in their program.

I think $5/day is a nice estimate and quite achievable in just 3-6 months of start; but that requires lot of hard work. Unless you've lot of US visitors, it will take at least 1000 visitors/day to generate that income. By the way, there are several publishers who make handsome money from blogging; but they put in *real* hard work in their blogs.

Thank you for the article, I'm quite sure lot of CEans would find it useful.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Spot On observations Dear K.

Yeas, Certainly 20 backlinks is not a google criteria, but My observation says, that helps in getting AdSense approval fast. And of course Earning is hard work. Any day that is. Engineers without a target is blank. So just wrote this small article to give them the self believe , "yes I can also earn!"

Once somebody starts taking it seriously, he has many ways to learn.

PS: Thank you for your appreciation dear K.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Great Rupam: So you say that we select an arbitrary target of 25 comments on other people's blogs/ websites? Yes it can be done.

By the way what is ctr and cpc?

Another thing, if you say that I am writing about technology, so should I write say 10-15 articles on cars, the 10-15 articles on mobile phones etc in a bunch?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Commenting on other people's blogs may or may not be counted as a 'back link'. CTR is 'Click Through Ratio' and 'CPC' is 'Cost Per Click'. CTR is usually, how many clicks does an advertisement get per thousand visitors and Cost Per Click is usually the amount publisher generates through each click on the advertisement.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Issue
    Great Rupam: So you say that we select an arbitrary target of 25 comments on other people's blogs/ websites? Yes it can be done.

By the way what is ctr and cpc?

Another thing, if you say that I am writing about technology, so should I write say 10-15 articles on cars, the 10-15 articles on mobile phones etc in a bunch?
    It is Not like that Issue! "Technology is a Broad Area, cars , mobile phones are the Niches. So you need to select a Niche. your blog can not contain both Cars and Mobiles. If you want to, you need to create two such accounts and keep them separate.

You can not put 25 arbitary comments. Select the blogs or articles on similar and recent niche. and comment on that.

You certainly need to be ready with 10 articles minimum to have a fare chance of adsense acceptance.

Once you get your AdSense account buddy, I will tell you what is CTR and CPM and CPC, for Now, first thing first!
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    @ Rupam, Wow! Interesting business opportunity. Really, a lot of people would love to go into this field after reading this article. Very impressive writing style.
    Truly, love it; both the idea and the writing style!
    You just opened few eyes. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Commenting on other people's blogs may or may not be counted as a 'back link'
    You are spot on Dear K. But they help spreading your blog! people give a visit! initially few redirected hits are also worth! That keeps the traffic coming from different sources.
  • Paul.
    Paul.
    Nice post#-Link-Snipped-#, short and positive. I can say that is a little bit too positive.
    To earn at least 5$ per day, first of all, the blog have to be interesting, you, as a writer, you need to be interesting and Unique content is the key. If you are an working and dedicated person, you will succeed for sure.

P.S. You need a lot of free time to do all these things.
    P.P.S. I'm waiting for #-Link-Snipped-# to allow me to put my signature ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    What about literature? Do people even care for such blogs? I'd love to moneyterize my blog (namesake). TheFriendsLobby
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    anoopthefriend
    What about literature? Do people even care for such blogs? I'd love to moneyterize my blog (namesake). TheFriendsLobby
    I read Your Poetries, I love them. If kind off a Half Mad workaholic like me can find little time from his 15 hours work schedule to read Struggling Woman then there are many Not so mad people who love them. The only fact is what and how you present!

I see no chance why you cant get an adsense for your blog. Give it a shot!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Paul.
    P.P.S. I'm waiting for #-Link-Snipped-# to allow me to put my signature ๐Ÿ˜
    Go ahead: #-Link-Snipped-# and update your signature. ๐Ÿ˜€

@anoopthefriend: Yes, blogs are independent and important source of information these days. If nothing works, a blog can earn you something as cool as -#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vinci
    vinci
    It helps me a lot Rumpam.Thanks for nice post .I need to follow the steps carefully
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    I think Google Adsence is worst ๐Ÿ˜ก . It has very strong terms & condition. If you try to chit them for more than 3 -4 times they banned you! Also they count only first 3 clicks & pays for 1000 impressions which is quite low.
    I will suggest Rupam to do just great work when you are free and the forgate it for next few months after some months you have very good database. Now do for advertising. But still i think Make money from advertise should not give major importance. Try to develop your own advertisement systems & planes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Adsense only works when you've *large* traffic. Your income is highly influenced by the geography of your audience. Usually, North American visitor pays more than an African user. However, direct advertising is the best form of advertising and beats every other system hands down.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    1 to 5 points can easily be implemented but the 6th one requires patience. A large number of users were banned just because of fraud clicks. Adsense is indeed a great way of earning from your blogs but only when implemented correctly.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Yeah, many use AdSense and they have a lot of scrutinizing rules. My question to Biggie is, is it possible to use our own AdSense kinda concept, by getting people to post the ads, like how buysellads does? If that's the case, what kind of steps needs to be followed? In this case, we can get the payment directly from the clients right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • vinci
    vinci
    yes this happens preveen.It may b affiliate marketing or directly contact person who are interested in this kid of concepts .I personally know a person who got an offer like this .But this may need patience to find out person interested in your site indeed .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Yeah, many use AdSense and they have a lot of scrutinizing rules. My question to Biggie is, is it possible to use our own AdSense kinda concept, by getting people to post the ads, like how buysellads does? If that's the case, what kind of steps needs to be followed? In this case, we can get the payment directly from the clients right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Not quite sure what you're saying. It's possible to develop adsense like solution. OpenX actually does that pretty well. The major challenge seems to be finding the advertisers.
    The_Big_K
    Not quite sure what you're saying. It's possible to develop adsense like solution. OpenX actually does that pretty well. The major challenge seems to be finding the advertisers.
    Oyee! I said like, lets keep ad placeholders in our sites, and once it gets popularity, we can put like, please send mail to #-Link-Snipped-# to use the 256 x 256 banner or something... ๐Ÿ˜€ Got it? We will be able to fix the price and we have the full control! ๐Ÿ˜€
    vinci
    yes this happens preveen.It may b affiliate marketing or directly contact person who are interested in this kid of concepts .I personally know a person who got an offer like this .But this may need patience to find out person interested in your site indeed .
    Agreed with you... It is tough and time taking task... ๐Ÿ˜” We need to literally beg or search for people... For putting ad in our site, we need to give ads to ask for ads! Lolz, yeah, kinda difficult! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Maintaining a blog is tough. You need quality time to spend on it. It's getting difficult with a work-eat-study-sleep routine.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    Maintaining a blog is tough. You need quality time to spend on it. It's getting difficult with a work-eat-study-sleep routine.
    Strong desires drive most of it. I know students who earn a few thousand bucks every month through blogging part-time. The initial 6-8 months are the toughest in blogging because there aren't enough people to read your blog and of course, there's no income.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The_Big_K
    Strong desires drive most of it. I know students who earn a few thousand bucks every month through blogging part-time. The initial 6-8 months are the toughest in blogging because there aren't enough people to read your blog and of course, there's no income.
    Yes, I agree. But google had changed blogspot.com to blogspot.in (well a few months ago), and this has affected a lot of bloggers as the rankings and SEO got changed. It's like putting in an extra six months into it all over again. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When a company gains monopoly - it starts 'commanding'. Few years ago, I used to argue how Google's turning into a devil and people would not accept my argument. The same thing's happening with Facebook and it's going to turn worse in coming days (months or years). People trust Facebook so much that they put all their personal information, photos and videos on it and now Facebook knows everything about you; just like Google did. Facebook's a monopoly in the social networking game just like Google is in the web search space.

Google now pushes out algorithm changes and that makes website's traffic go up and down with no control. People who ranked on top for high quality articles for over decade were suddenly pushed down to page 100 in rankings; almost destroying the web sites. CrazyEngineers too suffered something similar in early September. A lot of our quality discussions were pushed down in rankings because of some algorithm change (not Panda, Penguin or EMD).

Now most of the webmasters who rely on Google for traffic dance to Google's tunes. Google now tells you where to put advertisements, how to design your website, defines the 'user experience' for you and shamelessly favors the 'big' brands.

Yes they did change the .com domain to .in and that made several bloggers panic. All the 'SEO' they had implemented was suddenly less effective and there's no immediate fix. Unless Google acknowledges the changes and restores your ranks, there's nothing you can do - and Google does take quite some time to address the changes, updates etc.

Power Corrupts!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The_Big_K
    When a company gains monopoly - it starts 'commanding'. Few years ago, I used to argue how Google's turning into a devil and people would not accept my argument. The same thing's happening with Facebook and it's going to turn worse in coming days (months or years). People trust Facebook so much that they put all their personal information, photos and videos on it and now Facebook knows everything about you; just like Google did. Facebook's a monopoly in the social networking game just like Google is in the web search space.

Google now pushes out algorithm changes and that makes website's traffic go up and down with no control. People who ranked on top for high quality articles for over decade were suddenly pushed down to page 100 in rankings; almost destroying the web sites. CrazyEngineers too suffered something similar in early September. A lot of our quality discussions were pushed down in rankings because of some algorithm change (not Panda, Penguin or EMD).

Now most of the webmasters who rely on Google for traffic dance to Google's tunes. Google now tells you where to put advertisements, how to design your website, defines the 'user experience' for you and shamelessly favors the 'big' brands.

Yes they did change the .com domain to .in and that made several bloggers panic. All the 'SEO' they had implemented was suddenly less effective and there's no immediate fix. Unless Google acknowledges the changes and restores your ranks, there's nothing you can do - and Google does take quite some time to address the changes, updates etc.

Power Corrupts!
    Yes, it's happened with my blog. I had put in a lot of work on the blog, thanks to the help i got from #-Link-Snipped-# and CE. But then again, time is now an issue and I can't concentrate enough to restore my status back to the old state. It's really a ๐Ÿ˜– feeling!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has just announced the next Samsung Unpacked event on October 11. It's being expected that Samsung will announce the next major Galaxy Phone, called 'Galaxy Nexus' at the event....
ASUS is unveiling a new series of all in one (AIO) desktops and launching 21.5" ET2210, 23.6" ET2410, and 27" ET2700 models. All these AIO models will feature 1080P LED...
Tata MiniCAT is expected to be the compressed air car - aka the car that uses compressed air to power itself. I remember the news back in 2008 that Tata...
I am Student of Mech engg, doing diploma in GOvt POly , Amt. I need suggestions for choosing topics.....plzzz suggest a better 1.
Beginning today, telecom operators are going to block pesky calls and messages as per the regulator TRAI's recommendations. We got an overwhelming response here: TRAI Brings 100 SMS Per Day...