When this economic recession will get over?

According to Dennis Gartman: It’s abundantly clear that we have been in recession; we're in a recession; and we’re likely to remain in a recession through the greatest portion of 2009. The monetary authorities around the world have done all the things they’re supposed to do, which is during a period of economic weakness throw liquidity in the system as abundantly, as swiftly, as manifestly as possible and expect the liquidity eventually to wend its way through the economy and strengthen economic circumstances. That may be sometime late in 2009. In the meantime, we’ll see continued bad economic data and continued increases in unemployment. It’s going to seem like things are really, really, really bad.

So while things will start to look very bad through the rest of 2009, I bet that by late this year and early 2010 we will start to see economic strength coming at us.

For more on Recession join the community: < #-Link-Snipped-# > #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Advertising on CE costs few bucks. 😀
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    I feel..India will be out of this recessions by Quarter 1 of 2010.However U.S market will step off by 2010 Q4 or so .As of now half million employees loose job in India..really harms them & their family..But will definately come out of same.

Thanks,
    J2R
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    The process of coming out of recession is very slow I think it will take 2 years to settle the market...
    and if in this situation frauds like satyam fraud Impact Market a lot specially indian market...

So, those who want to invest for short term invest on index call or put as per the situation and gain the profits but profit here is very much less...

And those who want to invest for long term it is the best time for investment
    but one have to wait for profits....😲
  • rishna
    rishna
    There is saying "What goes up must come down" so in the vice versa of the statement recession will get over soon. Country's economy will pick up a rapid race again (Hopefully by the end of 2009).

I wish new year 2010 will be great for all of us.
  • rishna
    rishna
    here is an interesting story on recession...

What is recession?

This Story is about a man who once upon a time was selling Hotdogs by the roadside.

He was illiterate, so he never read newspapers.
    He was hard of hearing, so he never listened to the radio.
    His eyes were weak, so he never watched television.
    But enthusiastically, he sold lots of hotdogs.
    He was smart enough to offer some attractive schemes to increase his sales.
    His sales and profit went up.
    He ordered more a more raw material and buns and use to sale more.
    He recruited few more supporting staff to serve more customers.
    He started offering home deliveries. Eventually he got himself a bigger and better stove.
    As his business was growing, the son, who had recently graduated from College, joined his father.
    Then something strange happened.
    The son asked, "Dad, aren't you aware of the great recession that is coming our way?"
    The father replied, "No, but tell me about it." The son said, "The international situation is terrible.
    The domestic situation is even worse. We should be prepared for the coming bad times.."
    The man thought that since his son had been to college, read the papers, listened to the radio and watched TV.
    He ought to know and his advice should not be taken lightly.
    So the next day onwards, the father cut down the his raw material order and buns, took down the colorful signboard,
    removed all the special schemes he was offering to the customers and was no longer as enthusiastic.
    He reduced his staff strength by giving layoffs.
    Very soon, fewer and fewer people bothered to stop at his hotdog stand.
    And his sales started coming down rapidly, same is the profit.
    The father said to his son, "Son, you were right".
    "We are in the middle of a recession and crisis. I am glad you warned me ahead of time."

Moral of The Story: It's all in your MIND! And we actually FUEL this recession much more than we think we do!

• Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    I too heard of this story somewhere.. It is not just the mind set of people but their view on recession too matters a lot. I think recession would be oercome by late 2010 and early 2011..
  • Lumber Joe
    Lumber Joe
    That's hard to say nowadays

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Lot of you might be wondering why you see the '+' sign after few usernames. Let me solve the mystery for you 😀 The '+' sign indicates your contact/buddy....
Hello Everybody: Congratulations to all, my goal to participate in this forum, is to share my bibliography, and obviously, make it bigger. basically, books referred to the MARINE ENGINEERIN DISCIPLINE...
Hello CEans, Can anyone explain about Native Generator in DotNET and also Delay signing . How the process goes on.
I am Robert Brown.I am here to share my views and thoughts about Sustainability,climate energy and to actively participate in all the board activities . I am sure to have...
anybody know about, how to neglect stresses at constraint locations? Thanks g_rakesh2