How to install whatsapp on uBuntu?

I had been trying to install Whatsapp on my ubuntu 12.04 using the android emulator. I have installed android sdk with jelly beans installed on the emulator and downloaded whatsapp to work on it but as soon as it verify the phone number it always gives a error as "Unable to connect , please try again later." Please help!!! how to install it and get working???

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ahj.ashish
    I had been trying to install Whatsapp on my ubuntu 12.04 using the android emulator. I have installed android sdk with jelly beans installed on the emulator and downloaded whatsapp to work on it but as soon as it verify the phone number it always gives a error as "Unable to connect , please try again later." Please help!!! how to install it and get working???
    Have you checked this - Run WhatsApp on Android SDK without a phone | Eureka! ?

WhatsApp requires a SIM-Card. I know from various xda-developers discussions, that it's easier to do a backup from whatsapp on your phone with titanium backup, and then restore it inside your VM. But, the message database is local and messages are not synced across identical accounts.
  • Ashish Ahuja
    Ashish Ahuja
    Thanks for the reply but I have installed it on windows using the Bluestacks app player😀
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    I think SDK's emulator is not solving your problem. you might want to take a look at Jar of Beans, which is an alternative emulator created by an XDA member. Written in Java, it is platform independent, and thus should run on Ubuntu as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was wondering if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction. I am designing a 30'-0" tall cmu masonry wall with 32"x16" pilasters at 16'-0"...
Atlast, Wait is over. The Steam's Linux version is out with two dozens of game supporting Linux. Alongwith it, Steam Linux's client testing starts from today. We were waiting too...
Tata Docomo Launches Waterproof Fujitsu F-074 Mobile So you like to take calls from your bathroom? If the Tata Docomo signal reaches your bathroom well, you might just want to...
HEY! there title confusion between is two CPU. Are all the same kind?. thanks for you helps, I try to Google but am not saturated with answer. 😀
hi everyone, thus anyone who have an idea what is the thickness of solid slab which is not require a double reinforcement (top and bot).