Real Time Sub-Titles For Videos : Thoughts, Ideas & Algorithms?

This novel thought just struck my mind and I'm sure it's going to be a 'HUGE' thing if implemented. The idea is like this :-

When a video streams, the algorithm will quickly fetch the streamed data; extract the audio signals out of it and depending upon the voice, add sub-titles in the language of user's choice. So as soon as you start streaming your video; the sub-titles will start appearing on user's screen in the language decided by the user.

What do you think? Quite awesome? Already done? How to do it? Algorithm tryouts? Bring them on! 😁

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Aim: ^^^
    Apparatus: Super fast speech recognition system which needs self leaning computing system + Google translate.
    Major user: frequent visitor of YouTube video learner and PirateBay. ☕

Edit: here is one of this kind project developed but I din't find how actually it's working
    Announcing Subtivals, realtime subtitles for film festivals - Mathieu Leplatre
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ That is still not completely real-time. The subtitles should still be prepared beforehand. It's just projected from a different projector, so that even if the original video is not subtitled, we can still have our own subtitles superimposed from another projector. And then there are other features like sncing, speeding up the subtitles etc...

Truly real-time subtitle generation would be quite a task, I think. Speech recognition, Natural Language processing and translation. All the tasks are formidable in themselves. Should be combined in real time. But the idea is really good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

National Students' Space Challenge is an event dedicated for space science and engineering. Looking for a first-hand experience at solving some of the real-time challenges faced by engineers all over...
i m a 3rd year student.what should i do after my B.tech?give some details of entrance exam that i can acknowledge my study..i will appear on gate .. but do...
Screen Name:sac8 In Brief Present situation: Completed my B.Tech recently,trained in networking,CCNA,looking to write certs. Hobbies & Interests: Browsing,Blogging,Watching Movies,Angry Birds,Mobiles,Tech guy I joined CrazyEngineers because: I thought this place...
Hey there!!!! Welcome to my Intro Post. Official Name : Kuldeep Singh Rathor Real Name : Kuldeep Singh Rathore (कुलदीप सिंह राठौड) (yeah. you read it right. 😉) Engineering Trade...
I'm planning to make a music visualizer in html5. It is basically a bar visualizer. I need to know the basics of a visualizer. Also, if I have 24 bars...