Need a correct answer about the reason why the transmission voltages are multiples of 11

When searched for this doubt, I found different answers.Got very confused.Someone help to find correct.
The answers which I found for this are

1) Due to: average voltage generated by alternator is multiplied by form factor(1.11) and expressed as rms value(eg:200v is generated,so rms value=>200*1.11=220v)

2) In early days there is a transmission loss of 10%.In order to compensate that and ensure getting the required fair vale an 10% is extra added when it is transmitting(eg:to get 200v at the end,110% of 200 that is 220v is transmitted)

3) For the first time it is accidently chose 110v and now also it is following.

Which answer should I choose???????.......someone plz help.....

NB: I know that there are exceptional voltages like 25kV,765kV,132kV,165kV etc. I am not talking about them.

Plz help........thanks in advance

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    @ #-Link-Snipped-#
    The voltages 6.6kV,11kV,33kV.... is due to the Form Factor. Where form factor for sinusoidal waveform is the ratio of RMS Value to Average Value.

0.707Em/0.637Em = 1.11

where Em = Maximum Voltage.
    Because of this factor the voltage levels are in multiples of 11, 1.1, etc.
  • absunilkumar
    absunilkumar
    tonytomson
    When searched for this doubt, I found different answers.Got very confused.Someone help to find correct.
    The answers which I found for this are

1) Due to: average voltage generated by alternator is multiplied by form factor(1.11) and expressed as rms value(eg:200v is generated,so rms value=>200*1.11=220v)

2) In early days there is a transmission loss of 10%.In order to compensate that and ensure getting the required fair vale an 10% is extra added when it is transmitting(eg:to get 200v at the end,110% of 200 that is 220v is transmitted)

3) For the first time it is accidently chose 110v and now also it is following.

Which answer should I choose???????.......someone plz help.....

NB: I know that there are exceptional voltages like 25kV,765kV,132kV,165kV etc. I am not talking about them.

Plz help........thanks in advance
    first answer is correct
  • khyzer shamsi
    khyzer shamsi
    25kva nd other voltages which r not in the ratio of 1.1 are approximate voltages.
    the theoritical exavt voltage will always b in the multiple of 1.1

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Charge Your Smartphone With The Power Of Your Breath ​ ​​ ​Charge Your Smartphone With The Power Of Your Breath..The AIRE mask is a concept that hails from the mind...
Current technology can make virtual dressing rooms a reality. One can try different out fits on images in a mirror without hiding in a cramped trial cubicle without the hassle...
Everyone knows that the whole education section in India and if I'm right; in the world world, has become a pure business where more importance is given to picking out...
Given the ever growing engineering college fees, engineering education is costlier than ever. I wonder how many of student CEans are funding their own education and not relying on parent's...
This is a restaurant that is almost literally out of the world! It blends so well with the surroundings as to be almost invisible. https://www.worldbuildingsdirectory.com/project.cfm?id=1701