Facebook To Send 1 Billion Emails - To All Its Users

I'm not sure why is this a news, but Facebook is going to do the biggest email blast in the history - 1 billion emails to all its users. The only thing we'd hope is that it won't land up in our bulk mail folders. I'm not quite sure if the number of emails actually sent will actually touch the number, because Facebook has admitted that about 1% (or is it 10%) of the total registrations are spam registrations.

Facebook won't of course send out emails in one go and will send them in waves. But yet, it'd be quite amazing to see a close to a billion people reading the same message in their mailboxes.

Who's excited?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I just got a mail from Facebook about
    "Updates to Data Use Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities "
    in inbox not in bulk. I think its a general mail and every user gonna receive it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Facebook domain's of course made to deliver in the inbox and not in the bulk folders.
  • TheCoolDesiBoy
    TheCoolDesiBoy
    Points to note in the mail:
    User feedback via comments will be ended. Although facebook is planning to make another effective method of feedback which would not just rely on comments.

I got to know something else in this mail.
    "Your Timeline You have settings that help you design how your timeline will appear to others, like hiding things from your timeline. Remember that this only impacts whether those things are visible on your timeline. Those posts are still visible elsewhere, like in news feed, on other people's timelines, or in search results. You can delete your own posts from your timeline or activity log, or ask someone else to delete a post you're tagged in."

Geez, I was not aware of that. Next time unreasonable posts are to be deleted not hidden.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ohk... The time is here my first ever practical exam. From 23rd November. Hope it will be fine.
Can we get mirror reflections on any materials by machining on CNC machining center..? If it is possible what is the surface finish value..?
I stumbled upon KaraokeGarage - a social singing platform that is fun to use and brings your singing talent out of bathroom. What the site lets you do is play...
Here's an old trick that lets you play youtube videos in VLC media player - arguably the world's most favorite media player on Windows, OSX and Linux platforms. I tested...
Hi I want to know that is there a way to decode an e-mail header to find out who or from where that email have sent. thanks